Sign in to follow this  
Kite

Xbox advice

im buying an Xbox360 soon, (or taking one as a leaving present)

can anyone tell me what i need to buy for it?

and does the elite have performace upgrades to the 20gb version?

i like the PS3, but sony hasnt got any rpg's on it, and as ff13 just went microsoft too, im sure all other rpg's will follow suit,

sorry sony, the only reason im not trading my ps3 in is due to the blu-ray technology, and the faint hope there are future exclusives X_x

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

The Elite has quite a few performance upgrades over the original 20gb version so if you can get an elite over the old school 20 (plus the old school 20 is being discontinued here soon). Plus the Elite is not prone to hardware failures like the original 20 (damn hardware failures, my 20 is going back to Microsoft today or tomorrow to get fixed as I just got the Red Ring of Death).

Outside of the console itself there really isn't much you need to worry about buying for the console besides an extra controller or two if you have anyone who wants to play multiplayer on your console with you and a wi-fi adapter if you wanna go wireless with it for internet. May want to invest in a rechargeable gamepak for the controller also as it'll save you money in the long run without having to buy a crap ton of batteries all the time for your controller.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

neither of them have wifi, so plan on paying just as much as you did for your PS3 to make the hardware almost as decent. That is if you don't want to run long ethernet cords

You'll need the wifi adapter thats around $99, and as Strider stated the rechargeable batteries and station. The 20 gig should be going on sale soon, but I wouldn't waste your time with it as prone as it is to be a lemon. I believe a 60 gig model is replacing it if you don't want to go with the elite.

Suggested Games:

Call of Duty 4

Mass Effect

Ace Combat 6

Halo 3

Ninja Gaiden Sigma and II

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

May want to invest in a rechargeable gamepak for the controller also as it'll save you money in the long run without having to buy a crap ton of batteries all the time for your controller.

Most important investment, definitely. Besides a Gold Xbox LIVE membership.

Tellah2.jpg