Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

Car trouble: Death of a Neon.

OMFG. My car is a 2002 Dodge neon. I know it sounds dumb but that car is my baby. It's the only thing that I have owned in my name that has been with me through all the hard times. I have slept in it, gone places with it, and it hasn't let me down..till this past year.

Lately, it has nickel and dimed me (I'm talking a min. of $400 at a time) each month for a year. Add on the payment of 220.05 each month and the insurance that was $250 each month (till I got married then it dropped to like 190). Still, it was MY car.

Well, it had this rattle to it and it wasn't bad and I didn't think much of it. I took it in thinking I needed shocks and was horrified when the mechanic walked me outside. The entire front in, with a touch of a finger shakes. It's barely hanging on. The top motor mounts are shoved forward, so at any given time the whole engine could drop shoving the front end downward causing the car to flip onto it's back nose first, or it could slam the engine back into me. Plus, the radiator is looser than shit. Total damages would cost me almost a 1,000.

I barely owe twice that much on the fucking loan, so I wasn't about to pay that and turn around next month and see what blows. So I called my loan offiicer who happens to be a friend of mine and explained the situation and asked her opinion. At this point I am upside down in the loan, meaning the car isn't worth what I owe, with 146,000 miles on it. Therefore she suggested I get out from under it by surrendering it to the credit union and putting it in with my husband's bankrupcy. That way I'm saving money each month that but my credit will be murdered (it's all ready shitty). This was sad news to me and like a baby, I cried driving it home to park it. I should be grateful the damn thing didn't cause me a wreck killing me or someone else but still..it was such a sad addition to my day. My husband owns his Durango which is a plus, but the damn thing is like 80 bucks to fill now. BUT with the money I save from the neon, it should even out. Still it was like hearing my best friend got cancer and had 2 days to live. I was speechless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Oh man that sux :( I get very attached to my cars too. When Jade got totaled we bought her back for 70$ and we're gonna put her back on the road.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I don't know if it was the hormones or what, but I was crying like a baby last night at the death of my car. My husband wasn't sure if he was suppossed to laugh or console my retardedness, so he just left me alone. lol

OMG the thing above this post for 'related topic items: find it on ebay' just gave me 4 listings for dodge neons like mine. *tears*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Sign in to follow this