Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

The Day the Earth Stood Still

xP1NVnLY_vU

I didn't even know they were remaking the 1951 classic. If they stay true to the original story (The director claims to be a huge fan of the original), I guess its appropriate for the times we live in.

I don't think I've seen the original... but how is another 'alien' movie appropriate for our time?

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Wow, didn't see this coming. I'm a fan of the original classic ... Keanu's just ... dull. But, I'll definitely have to catch this one when it comes out.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

i saw the orihinal, found it to be a little boring tbh, but i could appriciate it was a good movie,

are film makers getting that desperate. what will they remake next???

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

It's not the question of being desperate actually ... I mean look at War Of The Worlds, the new one was darn good, and Spielberg's far from desperate. I don't think re~makes are a bad idea, considering there're so many movies from the 50s, 60s, 70s that're instant classics. Most re~makes tend to blow because of the way they're handled.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I don't think I've seen the original... but how is another 'alien' movie appropriate for our time?

The original was made after World War II as the Cold War was starting. The basis of the Movie was than an Alien representative comes to earth because other planets fear humanity's violence and their recent obtainment of atomic power. In this process, the Alien was shot by a scared solider, he recovered in a hospital and healed up mingled with the population and observed how cruel human nature was. Upon leaving he stated that Humans would not be allowed to travel in space unless they get their act together, and if they didn't Earth would be destroyed.

It was basically a message to fit a time of nuclear crisis back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_(1951_film)

There is a more detailed description of the plot here.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'll see it but wait for the dvd release. I havent been into Keanu since Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The original was made after World War II as the Cold War was starting. The basis of the Movie was than an Alien representative comes to earth because other planets fear humanity's violence and their recent obtainment of atomic power. In this process, the Alien was shot by a scared solider, he recovered in a hospital and healed up mingled with the population and observed how cruel human nature was. Upon leaving he stated that Humans would not be allowed to travel in space unless they get their act together, and if they didn't Earth would be destroyed.

It was basically a message to fit a time of nuclear crisis back then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_(1951_film)

There is a more detailed description of the plot here.

Thanks for the thorough detail. I'm now interested in how the new version will deal with the war on terror & what the new version of Gort will look like.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.