Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Quark's bar is closing (Vegas Star Trek attraction)

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=57150&type=0

Vegas Trek Attraction Closing

CBS and Cedar Fair announced that the Star Trek: The Experience themed attraction in the Las Vegas Hilton will close on Sept. 1, confirming news first reported on TrekMovie.com.

The decade-old attraction--which includes two Trek-themed motion simulator rides, Quark's bar and restaurant and a shopping arcade--has seen attendance and revenues fall for years, TrekMovie reported.

CBS held out the possibility that The Experience might find new life in some other form, telling TrekMovie, "We're extremely proud of the 10-year run Star Trek: The Experience had in Las Vegas. We're currently exploring several options to continue The Experience for the public to enjoy for years to come."

Robert Picardo, who plays his Star Trek: Voyager character of the Doctor in the "Borg Invasion 4D" portion of the attraction, expressed sadness at the news. "I'm very disappointed about it," Picardo told reporters in a conference call. "It seems the hotel changed hands, and the group that bought it, the new owners, have been eyeing that large amount of retail space lustfully for some time, so it breaks my heart a little bit to no longer be my own theme park ride."

I always wanted to go to Quark's bar someday, but I guess that'll never happen now. :(

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg