Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Iron Man 2, Captain America & Thor

http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/12502.html

In the wake of the stunning $100 million debut of its first film, Iron Man, Marvel Studios unveiled its plans for 2010 and 2011 today (largely because of the timing of the writers’ strike there will be no Marvel Studios’ films in 2009). After the premiere of The Incredible Hulk on June 13th of this year, the next Marvel Studios film will be a sequel to Iron Man, which will debut on April 30th, 2010 and will likely feature basically the same cast and director (Robert Downey Jr., Jon Favreau, etc.) who are responsible for the current film. The second Marvel Studios movie for 2010 will be Thor, which is slated to premiere on June 4th, 2010. Matthew Vaughn (Layer Cake, Stardust) is set to direct Thor (see “Marvel Taps Matthew Vaughn”).

The Avengers will be Marvel Studios’ theme for 2011 starting with the May 6th, 2011 debut of The First Avenger: Captain America (working title) followed by the release of the first live action Avengers movie in July of 2011. Evidently Marvel is no longer worried about the possible lack of interest in a Captain America movie outside these shores and calculates that its strong brand identity can overcome any anti-American sentiment regarding the Star-Spangled Hero.

The big loser in the Marvel Studios derby appears to be Ant-Man, which writer/director Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead) has been developing. With the success of the straight forward approach to superhero action movies as demonstrated by Iron Man, we may have to wait a while to get a more humorous and twisted take on the genre—at least from Marvel Studios.

I wonder how good Captain America will do in a world wide market.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I heard that they idea for the Captian America movie would deal with his origins in WW2, which I think would help it off-shores a lot.

creating captian america in modern times just not would work, it be too cheesy, the fact he was created in ww2 was to create a symbol of the free world,

they will probably do what they did in the 1st movie and freeze him why saving the world, and shield finds him 50 years later \

with the hints in the hulk movie, avengers was obviously planned.

wonder who could play captian america ???????????

brad pits 5-10 years too old now

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

As long as Thor has a beard, no cape or helmet, I don't care how cheesy his Norse @$$ is

I'm not sure if I want to see Captain America pursay, but I do want to see his enemy, The Red Skull, as that may or may not look freaky.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

GI Joe is an internationally known cartoon series, much more than Captain America, and two times more known than Thor I'd imagine. In fact, back home we'd watch Joe and re-runs, I remember waking up at 6 am, glued to the tv set just to catch Joe, and switch channels to get Ninku on AXN. But, there was never CA aired or Thor.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Thor and Captain America never caught my attention at all when I was a kid. I never cared for the old Iron Man cartoon either. But I know more about captain america than Thor or Iron Man because of the old Spiderman cartoon bringing up the super soldier formula info with Shield and Black Cat.

I'm wondering if they'll do that old story of Captain America unfreezing from a cryogenic sleep into the modern world.. of if they'll do Captain America versus the Nazi's in WW2. O_O

Thor and Captain America never caught my attention at all when I was a kid. I never cared for the old Iron Man cartoon either. But I know more about Captain America than Thor or Iron Man because of the old Spider-Man cartoon bringing up the super soldier formula info with Shield and Black Cat.

I'm wondering if they'll do that old story of Captain America unfreezing from a cryogenic sleep into the modern world.. of if they'll do Captain America versus the Nazi's in WW2. O_O

Never saw the old Iron Man, but dang do you make me feel old... I never watched the shows that appeared outside of Fox Kids. I just didn't think they existed.

I say they do like the Animated Avengers Movie where he fell into the water & didn't appear again until they found him. Although leave out the alien crap & have him fight The Red Skull. And save the unfreezing for after the credits.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/13698.html

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Marvel Studios has chosen Joe Johnston to direct First Avenger: Captain America. Johnston, who storyboarded the convoy action sequence in Raiders of the Lost Ark and directed Jurassic Park III, Hidalgo, and the new remake of The Wolfman, began talking with Marvel about Captain America nearly two years ago and, according to The Reporter “much of the project’s current directions resulted from those early conversations.”

First Avenger: Captain America will be set during World War II and will likely include an origin saga. Cap will also be appearing in Marvel Studios’ Avengers, which will be set in the present.

According to The Reporter, Marvel Studios expects to hire writers for the Captain America film in the very near future. The film is currently slated to debut on May 6th, 2011.

Yep, WWII. I bet they'll have Red Skull and it'll be awesome. ^_^