Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

11 yr old Romanian girl permitted abortion

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7477448.stm

An 11-year-old Romanian girl who is 21 weeks pregnant after being raped by an uncle will be able to have an abortion, even though it is forbidden by law.

A government committee said the procedure should go ahead due to the exceptional circumstances of her case.

Romania's abortion limit is 14 weeks. It had been suggested the girl might travel to the UK for the abortion.

Some 20 Christian Orthodox groups had threatened to press charges if the girl was allowed to abort the foetus.

In a letter to the government committee, the girl said she wanted to be able "to go to school and to play".

"If I can't do this my life will be a nightmare," she said, according to a text read out by government committee member Vlad Iliescu.

"The committee has decided that a voluntary termination of the pregnancy can be carried out," said Mr Iliescu.

He said the abortion could take place because the girl was a victim of sexual abuse and faced "major risks to her mental health" if the pregnancy continued.

Another committee member, Theodora Bertzi said the decision was made focusing on "the rights of this child who was subjected to rape and incest".

The committee said the case highlighted the need for "clarifications with regard to the exceptional circumstances" that would allow late-term abortions to go ahead.

'Family decision'

The girl was raped by a 19-year-old uncle who has since disappeared.

Her family only discovered she was pregnant when they took her to the doctor because she seemed sick.

While some pro-life Christian Orthodox groups had urged the family to keep the child, and offered to raise it in a church institution, the Romanian Orthodox Church said any decision on abortion should be left to the family.

The girl's parents had said they wanted to travel to a country where such a late-term abortion was legal.

In Romania abortion is only normally allowed beyond 14 weeks if the mother's life is deemed to be at risk. In Britain, they can be carried out up to 24 weeks in some circumstances.

A Romanian living in the UK had offered to cover the costs of a termination there.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

if she's healthy enough, yeah, she could handle child birth...but i don't blame her for not wanting to...this is one of the types of situations where i support abortion.....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

biologically she could once she starts her monthly cycle, but i dought her body would go full term

the poor girl, what fucked up person commits that crime on a child, let alone a family member

sickening

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Sad that she was raped... or even having sex at that age...

I'm wait for a pro life nut to get in here to be against the abortion... Then it'll be time to break out the popcorn.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Poor girl.

I'm glad she was permitted to have an abortion, no rape victim should have to deal with the resulting pregnancy, child bearing, and so on if they don't want to.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

Sad that she was raped... or even having sex at that age...

I'm wait for a pro life nut to get in here to be against the abortion... Then it'll be time to break out the popcorn.

i agree with romanians law on 14 weeks maximum, an abortion after that is practically murder

i saw scans of my daughter at 7 weeks old, when she was a clump of cells, by 8 weeks she was the shape of a sausage.

at 13 weeks we saw a lil human being, not capable of living outside the womb, but alive none the less,

my personaly opinion is abortions sholdnt be carried out after 10 weeks. it may not be a lot of time, but if people have sex, it often can have consequences

im not a pro live nut, but if you dont know your pregnaunt after 3 months , im sorry but i think you should keep it. or give he / she up for adoption fter birth

anyone who disagrees obviously has never seen an ultra sound of their own babys fingers moving,

how ever with special cirumstances like this should have a personal review, as an 11 year old most likly wont reach full term and potential risk her and the babies health, and saving one life is better then losing 2

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

i agree with Romanians law on 14 weeks maximum, an abortion after that is practically murder

i saw scans of my daughter at 7 weeks old, when she was a clump of cells, by 8 weeks she was the shape of a sausage.

at 13 weeks we saw a little human being, not capable of living outside the womb, but alive none the less,

my personal opinion is abortions shouldn't be carried out after 10 weeks. it may not be a lot of time, but if people have sex, it often can have consequences

I'm not a pro live nut, but if you don't know your pregnant after 3 months , I'm sorry but i think you should keep it. or give he / she up for adoption after birth

anyone who disagrees obviously has never seen an ultra sound of their own baby's fingers moving,

how ever with special circumstances like this should have a personal review, as an 11 year old most likely wont reach full term and potential risk her and the babies health, and saving one life is better then losing 2

I'm not pro life or pro choice.

As a man I feel that I have no real opinion in the subject other than it might be up to only women as a whole in their country or state to deem whether or not abortion is OK.

Mainly because of all the insults that could fly my way. If I'm pro choice I'm somehow into having sex with loose women. If I'm pro life and the mother is pro choice then it seems like I'm just trying to nail her down. And if I tell her to give it up for adoption I just look like a Dead Beat Dad.

Since she's aborting it I have no right to tell her not to. But if she was going to try to have the kid that is her decision & I have no right to tell her to consider abortion.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this