Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

I finally got my contact lenses!

I have slept with mine since I started wearing them 12 years ago, and no problems on this end. If you take care of them and go in once a year for a checkup, the risk of problems is very very low.

It also matters on the person. You wont know unless you try it a few times I suppose. All I can really say is ask your eye doctor what he would do or suggest doing. Chances are he/she will say to take them out when sleeping to let your eyes breath. I'm not saying you HAVE too, I'm only saying what I've learned and experienced. It doesn't hurt to keep them in over night every so often, just not every night. Ever since I started taking them out at night 2 years ago, I've noticed my contacts last longer and my eyes feel more refreshed. And yes I do have over night contacts just in case you want to know.

A little off topic but if you keep hard contacts in over night they mold your eye, then when you take them out the next day you can see perfect for about 4 hours lol. My dad did this once and thought he was going crazy. Apparently their selling special hard contacts now that you put in over night just for that purpose. I imagine they hurt like hell though when waking up and trying to take them out of your eye.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

A little offtopic~ish, but I was thinking of trying out colored contacts, just for fun, and was wondering if there were any websites I could get this off? Or would a local Duane Reade have it as well? Any idea as to how expensive they might be?

they usually have cool design ones at conventions =3 ryan got a pair last year. for the pair, i think he mightve paid $75? id have to ask him again, but he took care of them well enough to last him until halloween. not sure if he kept them afterward or if he still has them. they range anywhere from $50-$150+ depending on what kind you want and where you buy from

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

All eye doctors are going to err on the cautious side of contact care to cover their own butts in case something happens to you. If you're worried about letting your eyes breath, they do make ones that allow that. The focus dailes do, which is why I switched to them. My eye doctor at the time was concerned my eyes weren't breathing b/c they were a little swollen, so he had me try them. And after a week, my eyes were perfectly fine, so that's what I stay with. *shrugs* As long as you clean them once a week, change them when you're supposed to, and you don't have problems with dry eye, you should be fine.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg