Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

I finally got my contact lenses!

This is great. No more glasses (Well at some point anyway). They kind of hard putting in, but I think it's a lot better than my glasses that want to grease up every time I start to sweat.

I can only wear these for 4 hours today. 20th, 6 hours; 21st, 8 hours; 22nd, 10 hours; 23, 12 hours; & 24; 14 hours. After that I can wear them as long as I want as long as I don't fall asleep in them!

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

No, definatly stay with soft. Hard lenses are now more expensive anyways.

Did you get the disposables that you can sleep in? They're perfectly safe as long as you clean them about once a week and change them when you're supposed to. And if you, get the ones that let your eyes breathe. I ended up having to change to them b/c my eyes weren't getting enough oxygen, and they're much more comfy!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

How expensive is Eye Corrective laser surgery/ treatment over here?

Congrats on the lenses! Did you go with your natural eye color or a different color?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

No, definatly stay with soft. Hard lenses are now more expensive anyways.

Did you get the disposables that you can sleep in? They're perfectly safe as long as you clean them about once a week and change them when you're supposed to. And if you, get the ones that let your eyes breathe. I ended up having to change to them b/c my eyes weren't getting enough oxygen, and they're much more comfy!

No I can't sleep in these. When I went to get contact lenses all I knew was I wanted something to replace my glasses.
Congrats on the lenses! Did you go with your natural eye color or a different color?
I wasn't picky about color. They're just regular see through.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I know of people from the US, UK, EU, Cancan who travel to Asia, India specifically for dental, heart, miscellaneous operations like knee replacement surgery, etc. ... eye corrective surgery is one of them. For about a 1000$s worth, you can get your number reduced to a '0' unless you use bifocals, or there're other complications from some of the best doctors in Mumbai! So, including your plane ride, you're all set within 3000$s which'd include your stay and such X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

A couple thousand dollars? I still don't think the surgery is entirely safe yet. *shrugs*

Congrats on your lenses! I hate glasses. -_-

i like glasses, i look silly without them ^^

in the uk it is about 300-400 pounds per eye

so about 600-700$

it is expensive because it isnt done by the national health service ;p or it would be free ;p

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

it's only about $900 an eye here at most places....granted, if you have some special condition like astyigmatisim, then it'd be more, but it's gone way down over the past 5 years....

acsig2016.jpg

That's not too bad considering how much I've heard it costs to get a cast done when you have fracture or a hospital visit for the same, runs in the thousands I hear.

That's not too bad considering how much I've heard it costs to get a cast done when you have fracture or a hospital visit for the same, runs in the thousands I hear.

they charge you to put a cast on a fracture O_O

when i broke my arm they put a new cast on me every week for 4 weeks, and a weekly x-ray

only thing i paid for was the can of cola from the vending machine

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Well yeah, if you don't have medical insurance in the US, I'm told your bill for putting a plast at a hospital plus 1-2 doctor's visits would be in the thousands.

My brother spent like $400 on disposable lenses and wore it only once. I don't have to wear glasses all the time but I don't wanna worry about infections or the permanent scratch in the eye from wearing contact lenses. Wearing glasses can be annoying but personally I'd prefer just wearing glasses since putting them on/off and cleaning them would be more annoying.

Yeh, I did hear someone damaged their eyesights and then almost went blind from a corrective eye surgery.

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

I use Focus Dailies, and i love them...much more comfy than Acuvue were, and my eyes aren't as light-sensitive....

and i sleep in mine...i don't take them out to clean them as often as i should, but much prefer contacts...it's worth it to be able to wake up to 20/20 vision, have perferial vision again, and not have my glasses fog up with temperature changes....

acsig2016.jpg

It becomes easier & easier for me to put them in & take them out. Today has been my quickest day of putting them in. got it on the 2nd-3rd try. Twice I've been able to do it on the first try, but I just consider that luck.

I barely fell asleep in them once only to have the left slip off the center so I won't be doing that again.

they shouldn't slip at all....if they are, need to get that checked....and yes, it does get eaiser to put them in each time....first week i had them, it sometimes took 5 or 6 tries to get them in...lol...

acsig2016.jpg

Even if you can sleep in them, try not too. It causes your eye to dry up and the chance of eye cancer doubles. Also if the contact slips off its probably because your not blinking enough or your eyes not producing enough liquid. This happens to me sometimes when playing video games or on the computer. Another tip, anytime your reading a book at home or using the computer and you're not going anywhere, take you're contacts out. I never did this when I was a kid but later after my eyes had gotten worse over the years, found out by the eye doctor that it helps reduce the risk of your eyes getting any worse.

Just my tips

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

i have bauch & lomb soflens contacts, i wear mine occasionally when i cant stand wearing my glasses (which ive been doing often lately) or if im going to a big concert and dont want to worry about getting smacked in the face or losing them. it gets easier every time you put them in. i can put mine in and take them out even when im tired now X'D

also.. its not a good idea to fall asleep in them. its ok if its accidental once in a while (like when i did it in school a couple times) but if you do, the contacts tend to get a little uncomfortable and you may have to take them out, clean them, and put them back in to make them feel better

goku's got a good tip too. ive noticed my eyesight tends to get blurry if im wearing my contacts while reading on the computer and stuff. you might as well just put your glasses on if youre not doing anything at home

radicalcabbitbannercopy.jpg

A little offtopic~ish, but I was thinking of trying out colored contacts, just for fun, and was wondering if there were any websites I could get this off? Or would a local Duane Reade have it as well? Any idea as to how expensive they might be?

A little offtopic~ish, but I was thinking of trying out colored contacts, just for fun, and was wondering if there were any websites I could get this off? Or would a local Duane Reade have it as well? Any idea as to how expensive they might be?

prescription or just none powered lenses? If prescription then id say go to your eye doctor. They normally have cheap ones you can buy in popular colors. If your looking for fancy ones with designs like Naruto eyes or something then you will have to look online though. The prices can range the cheaper they are the shorter they will last.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Even if you can sleep in them, try not too. It causes your eye to dry up and the chance of eye cancer doubles. Also if the contact slips off its probably because your not blinking enough or your eyes not producing enough liquid. This happens to me sometimes when playing video games or on the computer. Another tip, anytime your reading a book at home or using the computer and you're not going anywhere, take you're contacts out. I never did this when I was a kid but later after my eyes had gotten worse over the years, found out by the eye doctor that it helps reduce the risk of your eyes getting any worse.

Just my tips

I have slept with mine since I started wearing them 12 years ago, and no problems on this end. If you take care of them and go in once a year for a checkup, the risk of problems is very very low.

acsig2016.jpg