Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

The Happening

Ok, went to see that Saturday night and it was ok. Not one of his best works, but ok. I didn't really find most of it scary. Spooky, yes. But they kept inturrupitng the tension with humor, and that kinda ruined the 'scary' feeling for me. The tension should break with something scary happening, not an amusing line, no matter how amusing it is. There was only one good spot where I jumped, and that was a good one because I knew something was going to happen, but I still jumped. But really, overall, it wasn't that scary to me. Plus, the 'rated R' thing wasn't that good. I mean, there was a few scenes that made it R rated, and they seemed to be included just to make it R rated, not because it was good for the movie.

Overall, I'd give it about a B. The story idea was interesting, and there were good parts in it for sure, but it wasn't one of his better ones.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Shamalan always promotes his shit as uber scary...and then it aint

I think I'll wait for the dvd release

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

He's an over-rated director/ storyteller, and the only movie I haven't seen yet is The 6th Sense. I liked to plot for Unbreakable, and nothing beyond his second movie. I'll wait for it on dvd, and crib about the wasted time that went into watching it hahaha X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

His movies have never really scared me. A few jumpy moments, but they're not as scary as people say they are. But they're still good. Good characters, interesting plot themes, and I rather enjoy his stuff. Unbreakable is still my favorite, but I liked Signs too.

acsig2016.jpg

This movie based on the commercial alone is just too lame... I suspect it had a real lame twist ending... Like everyone turning Emo or something...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I didn't see what the twist was, to be honest. Seriously. I'm used to most of his movies having a "holy CRAP" moment, but this one didn't. The hints were so heavy in the beginning that I knew what was going to happen, so there was no twist, not "holy CRAP" moment for me. Though, there was one scary moment, but I knew it was coming, just not the form of it. And I figured out pretty early who was going to survive, so that was no surprise for me. *shrugs* Whatever the twist was, he put too many hints into the movie early on because it was easy to guess what was going on.

acsig2016.jpg

I remember all the commercials for "Lady in the Water" they made it look like it was a horror movie. Nope, it was a nice family movie.. but in the end I was mislead. I told myself after watching that one, I'd pass on all his movies from then on until I read a bunch of reviews. Sixth Sense was great tho.. its a shame he hasn't made another good one like that since.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The plot was an interesting concept. Watching people kill themselves for most of the movie got old, and kind of depressing. I wasn't scared, though I jumped a few times because this lady kept jumping and screaming. Sounded like she was on a damn carnival ride. Overall..I could have gone without paying the $8.00 ticket price and waited for the DVD. Somehow I get suckered into going to see his movies on a over expensive big screen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

The plot was an interesting concept. Watching people kill themselves for most of the movie got old, and kind of depressing. I wasn't scared, though I jumped a few times because this lady kept jumping and screaming. Sounded like she was on a damn carnival ride. Overall..I could have gone without paying the $8.00 ticket price and waited for the DVD. Somehow I get suckered into going to see his movies on a over expensive big screen.
I missed a small chunk of The Love Guru because of the signs being switched with this movie.

What a twist...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I actually liked the movie, I'd give it a B too like Dubird here. The plot itself was interesting to me and if this was a movie made in the 80s it'd be a classic, but because of the way it was promoted, and expectations, I can see how it can disappoint. I expected a piece of turd cos it was Shyamalan, but was surprised. I wouldn't recommend it as a hardcore horror movie, but an easy going thriller if you've got the time for it.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

For me the concept was not all that bad, considering you've seen cult classics like The Blob or The Fog get so popular. If The Blob was made today, obviously it wouldn't have as much an impact as in the 50s. I felt the same way with that other movie ... The Village.