Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Throwing bread out for the birds

We have a bunch of cute birds that come to our bird feeder all the time, like cardinals, blue jays and wrens. And we like to throw our old bread out on the yard for them. But yesterday, just one hour after I threw that bread outside, I looked out there to see what birds were coming out to feed. Sometimes we get these big crows that I have Precious chase off. But yesterday? No, not crows. Turkeys. Two big ass wild turkeys were eating the shit out of that bread. Each of them easily stood 3 - 4 feet tall. We would have got the camera but they were close enough to the forest drop off point to the left of the yard I'd figure they'd be gone before we could get a pic.

Hehe, Precious was freaking out inside the house because we kept looking out the window and talking. So lady went out with her so Precious could chase the turkeys and who would have thought.. One of the turkeys flew away instead of disappearing into the forest. And sure as hell, lady has now witnessed a flying turkey too. X'D And holy shit they can fly good. This turkey took off towards the garden and flew up and up and up... It cleared our tree line and kept going. That turkey cleared at least 150-200 foot trees!

Next time we get turkey in the yard, I'm going to run for the camera because wild turkey are down right freakish looking when they run and fly. X'D

Also, about a 1/2 hour to an hour after that I looked out the window and a friggin deer was eating the rest of the bread. Lady got some pics and a video of that one tho. I'll have to post it later.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

lol sounds like the animals love you guys. Turkeys and Chickens fly when their scared or have no place to run. We used to have chickens and roosters and I remember they found fly around every time my dad went into the coop to feed them. Was pretty funny.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

yeah, what's with the .mov? :P Fortunatly, I use VLC. whee! XD Unfortunatly, the video stops right after you tell Princess to go and get it.

And we had a neighbor that would leave food out for the racoons. We'd go over there some summer nights to watch, and there would be 10-20 raccoons at a time eating the scraps.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

fuckin thing looked rite at me lickin its chops. didn't even run when I talked to it

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

The turkeys remind me of South Park episode.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Dahaha! I got video of two turkeys. X'D

grSiFKM3aPk

It was raining and I had to maximum zoom, so its pretty crappy quality.

And sure enough, another deer showed up:

post-1-135551583524_thumb.jpg

And then my batteries died, and by the time I got back, I only caught a vid of the deer leaving the yard:

t17zgQggZl4

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

wildlife everywhere

maybe its time I consider taking up hunting :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I was considering that actually.... :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Your backyard is beautiful. There is a cemetary next to u right? Is it an old one? How quiet and peaceful. I'm surprised Precious didn't go after the turkeys. Can u hand feed the deer? We have a javelina (a pig like creature) that I have pics of me feeding celery stalks to. This thing would tap at my dad's front door till he came out with veggies.

Edited by HKofsesshoumaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Sign in to follow this