Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

American Death Note movie

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12682.html

The sharp-eyed folks at ShockTillYouDrop.com noticed a mention in the bio of producer Doug Davison (included in Universal’s Production Notes for the recently released horror film The Strangers), indicating that writers Vlas and Charles Parlapanides are scripting a live action American version of Death Note, the high concept manga series by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, which has already spawned three live action movies in Japan as well as a hugely popular anime series that is currently running on the Cartoon Network’s Adult Swim.

According to the Production Notes, Davison’s Vertigo Entertainment (no relation to DC’s Vertigo Comics) has commissioned the screenplay, which certainly makes sense since Vertigo has been mining Asian cinema for years having produced American versions of the manga-based Dark Water, the three J-horror-based Grudge films, and The Departed, which was based on the Hong Kong police action drama Infernal Affairs. Roy Lee, who along with Davison runs Vertigo, also produced The Ring, the American version of the J-horror film Ringu, so the company’s interest in Death Note appears very plausible.

In September Viz Pictures will release the first of three Japanese live action Death Note movies on DVD.

"Ju-on: The Grudge" in Japan sucked balls compared to "The Grudge" that was released in the US. If they can do that good of a job re-making that movie, the Death Note movie will probably be f*cking awesome.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I've seen the live action Death Note movies (2), and they're neither bad nor watchable the 2nd time, the second movie sucking harder than the first. The only 2 decent remakes made so far are The Ring, and The Departed.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

This is seldom interesting... I'd definitely go see this out of sheer curiosity though. But even if it's better than the Japanese live action ones I doubt it'll outdo the Anime series.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.