Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Army of Two

I had a chance to play this game last week with a friend and I can say its a pretty fun experience. If you play by yourself, the computer AI is decent, but is pretty passive even when you tell it to be aggressive (this is only useful on the 360 because you get an achievement for beating the game with the AI) This game was pretty much designed for playing with another human. The concept of aggro (drawling attention to yourself) was neat, but it needed to be refined a bit more. The boss battles were pretty lackluster, they just felt like a stronger version of a heavily armored enemy with a better weapon. The final battle was an even bigger disappointment.

Pros:

Pretty impressive enemy AI

Awesome weapons

Mid-mission weapons shopping

optional objectives in each chapter

required team work

great weapon customization

good plot development

Cons:

faulty aggro system

short game length

You can buy new masks color schemes, but only get 3 classes of armor that are the same color.

buying new masks doesn't enhance your attributes in any way(and they are expensive)

some weapons lack any significant upgrade options.

disappointing end of gameplay.

All and all, its definitely worth a rent. I'll probably buy it if it ever goes down to $20.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Heh, I enjoyed the game and I'm sure you probably noticed that I have a good majority of the achievements done on it. I didn't buy it but my roommate did.

The only real faults I found with it was it's shortness. I thought the aggro system was rather well implemented for it's first time being used in a game and the game type used (of course this is only with a friend playing with you, playing aggro tag is the only way to get through Professional difficulty (especially the last level)). Final boss fight was lack luster, I mean seriously he's made out to be a freaking bad ass through the whole game yet he's not even that strong when you finally get to fight him.

Overall it wasn't a bad game. I'd like to try out the online aspect of the game but haven't had a chance (more or less because I played the game 4 times through in two straight days and just really can't go back to playing it). Some things could definitely be changed or better implemented and the whole aspect of this being a two player game only (come on, the AI sucks) makes it for a great co-op game (something that COD4 could of really used, it's fun and all but it would of been a lot better with co-op)

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Heh, I enjoyed the game and I'm sure you probably noticed that I have a good majority of the achievements done on it. I didn't buy it but my roommate did.

The only real faults I found with it was it's shortness. I thought the aggro system was rather well implemented for it's first time being used in a game and the game type used (of course this is only with a friend playing with you, playing aggro tag is the only way to get through Professional difficulty (especially the last level)). Final boss fight was lack luster, I mean seriously he's made out to be a freaking bad ass through the whole game yet he's not even that strong when you finally get to fight him.

Overall it wasn't a bad game. I'd like to try out the online aspect of the game but haven't had a chance (more or less because I played the game 4 times through in two straight days and just really can't go back to playing it). Some things could definitely be changed or better implemented and the whole aspect of this being a two player game only (come on, the AI sucks) makes it for a great co-op game (something that COD4 could of really used, it's fun and all but it would of been a lot better with co-op)

Yeah I don't think the aggro system was terrible, I just expect it to be more refined in a sequel. If they make one, I have pretty high hopes for it, because this was a killer concept.

Yeah I wish COD4 had co-op campaign as well, but IW admitted they wanted all the attention to be focused on the multiplayer developement... and we both know that payed off very well. The only fault I find in COD4's multiplayer is the dipshits that complain about how you killed them 1000 times and how you must be camping, because they are too stupid to watch the kill cam and see what is going on. But thats just about the unavoidable downfall of all multiplayer games. Nothing the developer can do.

Yeah I don't think the aggro system was terrible, I just expect it to be more refined in a sequel. If they make one, I have pretty high hopes for it, because this was a killer concept.

Yeah I wish COD4 had co-op campaign as well, but IW admitted they wanted all the attention to be focused on the multiplayer developement... and we both know that payed off very well. The only fault I find in COD4's multiplayer is the dipshits that complain about how you killed them 1000 times and how you must be camping, because they are too stupid to watch the kill cam and see what is going on. But thats just about the unavoidable downfall of all multiplayer games. Nothing the developer can do.

True, true. The aggro system was too touchy for really conventional play (especially with pimped out weapons, gah it's hard to pull aggro off a guy with a pimped out AK).

Heh, yeah COD4 did good in the multiplayer aspect (I'm addicted, frick I'm prestige 4 already (still trying to decide whether or not I want to go beyond that)). Not just those people but have you run into the little kids, gah they're freaking annoying as hell. Make me wish I never bought COD4 sometimes when I get on. Heck I think I have half of all the people that play COD4 on 360 muted and on my avoid list.

True, true. The aggro system was too touchy for really conventional play (especially with pimped out weapons, gah it's hard to pull aggro off a guy with a pimped out AK).

Heh, yeah COD4 did good in the multiplayer aspect (I'm addicted, frick I'm prestige 4 already (still trying to decide whether or not I want to go beyond that)). Not just those people but have you run into the little kids, gah they're freaking annoying as hell. Make me wish I never bought COD4 sometimes when I get on. Heck I think I have half of all the people that play COD4 on 360 muted and on my avoid list.

Try a pimped out M134 X'D. After we beat the game and unlocked all the primary weapons, we screwed around a bit. Thats how I got the 1 minute at full aggro achievement. The man issue we ran into was that sometimes, it just didn't work. Even though I was on full aggro, the enemy would still pay attention to my partner that was trying to flank, before he even fired a shot. It didn't happen a lot, but it did happen.

LOL. Man I put my mic on, and turn the earpiece volume all the way down when I play COD4, unless I am playing in a party. The Kids are annoying, its times like that, when I wish kids couldn't play M rated games.

Try a pimped out M134 X'D. After we beat the game and unlocked all the primary weapons, we screwed around a bit. Thats how I got the 1 minute at full aggro achievement. The man issue we ran into was that sometimes, it just didn't work. Even though I was on full aggro, the enemy would still pay attention to my partner that was trying to flank, before he even fired a shot. It didn't happen a lot, but it did happen.

LOL. Man I put my mic on, and turn the earpiece volume all the way down when I play COD4, unless I am playing in a party. The Kids are annoying, its times like that, when I wish kids couldn't play M rated games.

Heh, I got the aggro achievement on a turret gun (roommate said it was the easiest way to get it). Frick man the pimped out M134 is a death wish. I was running around with that on level 3 on professional difficulty. Made life a living hell for both my roommate and I. Yea the aggro system was touchy with that, we had a lot of problems with snipers taking out my roommate while I had full aggro (same with the last stage, they seemed to like killing me even though my roommate had full aggro).

I generally do the same thing except when I'm playing Search and Destroy, I try to keep the volume up on the mic ear piece so I can hear whats going on with my teammates. Sadly though Search and Destroy has become the little kids playground now like Team Deathmatch is.

Heh, I got the aggro achievement on a turret gun (roommate said it was the easiest way to get it). Frick man the pimped out M134 is a death wish. I was running around with that on level 3 on professional difficulty. Made life a living hell for both my roommate and I. Yea the aggro system was touchy with that, we had a lot of problems with snipers taking out my roommate while I had full aggro (same with the last stage, they seemed to like killing me even though my roommate had full aggro).

I generally do the same thing except when I'm playing Search and Destroy, I try to keep the volume up on the mic ear piece so I can hear whats going on with my teammates. Sadly though Search and Destroy has become the little kids playground now like Team Deathmatch is.

Even Hardcore S&D? I was thinking about playing some the other day since I haven't touched S&D in a few months. Kids have completely ruined domination, Everyone goes for kills now instead of the freakin' flags... at least the people on my team tend to do that. They all want to be snipers on overgrown. What is funny is that everyone uses the same hiding spots. They all like to hide by that bridge. I always go around and get 3-4 free kills right off the bat. Sniping on Bloc has come to and end all together when my friend and I are around. We go on a shotgun rampage through the buildings until people wise up. Gotta love the kids, they have no concept of the kill cam, and that you can see exactly where they are camping from.

Yeah that last level was a bitch even on regular. We never had a chance to bump it up to pro because it was a rental. It was silly, because there was no consistency in difficulty, the game went smoothly and then all of the sudden the last level is hard as shit, but then the boss is a joke. I also liked that electric puzzle they just tossed in there for the monorail, after having virtually no puzzles in the entire game. The sequel could use a lot more of those.