Sign in to follow this  
Mathias

Death to fanboyism

The term fanboyism and its many iterations have been abused to death. In fact, this forum has redefined the term so many times it has lost its meaning. Stop the insanity! :meh:

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

For the most part the only fanboys around here are the ones that call others fanboys or they regard everything they disagree with as fanboyism. It probably won't go away. So the two choices you have are either flat out ignore them, or post an article just because you know it will ruffle their feathers. X'D

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Huh? :P ... was a little surprised the PS3 topic got so many responses, cos I was just posting about numbers/ financials. What brings me back though is the fact that I get to learn a lot about the gaming industry even though I don't have the time to play any games, the last game I played was Resident Evil 4 two odd years ago o_0 ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Huh? You mean we have fanboys here? How come no one ever told me? Man, I'm always left out. *cries in a corner*

All joking aside, you learn to live with it Mathias. Come to my Game Development class once and you'll see fanboyism at it's most terrifying (in fact just come to any of my classes, it's the same people everyday). I get to put up with it 20 hours a week (actually more if you consider my one roommate). Hence why I don't exactly get all worked up in game topics here (I just post relative information and my two cents, after that I leave and never go back). I take it this is in response to GG's PS3 topic, I haven't been in there since I posted. Been getting hectic has it?

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

All joking aside, you learn to live with it Mathias.
Actually, it was all a joke. I'm just playfully mocking a few unfortunate souls who have mentioned the term fanboy in almost every other post for the past week or two. No offense meant, just pointing and laughing at other's expense in a nice way. Bwahaha. :haha:

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

I like fanboys and fangirls but I prefer to call them 'the audience' :meh:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Fanboy is an official word now:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/12869.html

In a sign of the increasing mainstreaming of geek culture, the word “fanboy” has been included in the new edition of the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary. But apparently it’s not that mainstream; the word is defined as a “boy who is an enthusiastic devotee, such as of comics or movies,” rather than the more common usage we see, which applies to a fan type, rather than a particular age.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg