Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

Teacher Accused Of Wizardry

Local 6 News - LAND 'O LAKES, Fla. -- A substitute teacher in Pasco County has lost his job after being accused of wizardry.

Teacher Jim Piculas does a magic trick where a toothpick disappears and then reappears.

Piculas recently did the 30-second trick in front of a classroom at Rushe Middle School in Land 'O Lakes.

Piculas said he then got a call from the supervisor of teachers, saying he'd been accused of wizardry.

"I get a call the middle of the day from head of supervisor of substitute teachers. He says, 'Jim, we have a huge issue, you can't take any more assignments you need to come in right away,'" he said.

Piculas said he did not know f any other accusations that would have led to the action.

The teacher said he is concerned that the incident may prevent him from getting future jobs.

Wow. Just....wow. I mean, I knew Harry Potter probally went off on his own for a while after the books, but I didn't know he moved to FL! XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

That's so stupid, a harmless trick and he's accused of wizardry!?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Florida is filled with old, senile retirees and there School system is an absolute joke ranking in the bottom five nation wide. I had to repeat the 4th grade when I moved to Virgina from Florida because I was 2 years behind in every subject. He can find a lot better jobs in another state if he is willing to move... It would be a non-issue in any interview.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

sad state you know...were you cant do a simple magic trick anymore these days without getting the police after you

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

he could cry religious rights violation and sue

or the school board can watch those Harry Potter movies and take some valume

wtf

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

well... that is just stupid. So I guess the schools are saying that you can't 'grab' the kid's attention for 30 seconds and make them smile. Now really, who would believe a small slight of hand could be wizardly. Now if he made a feather float with a magic wand then I might question him... and ask how he did it... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You know, I really wouldn't be worried about this affecting any future job possibilites. When asked why you were let go, just say you performed a magic trick in front of your students, and the school board accused you of being a wizard. The WTF? expressions alone would be worth it I'd think, and I really seriously doubt anyone would be worried about hiring someone like that.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

To be fair, there was some stuff left out of the news on that site.

Tampa Bay's 10 talked to the assistant superintendent with the Pasco County School District who said it wasn't just the wizardry and that Picular had other performance issues, including "not following lesson plans" and allowing students to play on unapproved computers.

Piculas said he knew nothing about the accusations.

"That... I think was embellished after the fact to try to cover what initially what they were saying to me," he said.

After the magic trick, Rushe's principal requested Piculas be dismissed. Now, Piculas believes the incident may have bewitched his ability to get a job anywhere else.

Source & video: http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=79533

But I agree with you guys and this man. They probably made all that other stuff up just to cover the real reason they fired him (for being a wizard).

Sara: omg where did billy go?

Teacher: I made him disappear. See what happens when you don't do your homework muhahahAHHAHA

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sign in to follow this