Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Only 11% of 189 Wii game considered "Good"

http://gamefunk.net/?p=57 (In dept article)

http://kotaku.com/385981/the-wii-has-many-many-crummy-games (original source)

graph_1.png

You are looking at a chart. Congratulations. It shows the GameRankings for Xbox 360, PS3 and the Nintendo Wii. Looking at all the games released for those consoles, the GameRankings for them seem to have the biggest difference for the Wii. Out of the 189 Wii games released, 37 percent have been ranked "poor" with an average ranking of 60 percent or lower, while 11 percent are "good" with an average ranking of 80 percent or higher. That 11 percent is 20 games — four of which are PS2/GameCubes ports. Those 16 games, though, are pretty dang great. The rest is... Nintendo Seal of Quality anyone?

If you don't want to read the bigger article, basically it says that Nintendo marketing scheme is taking advantage of its new "casual gamers" because they don't research products like real gamers do. Any ignorant person can buy a bunch of garbage and not know the difference between good and bad. Its pretty genius of them, despite the fact that their sales are inflated by ebayers (just type in Wii to see for yourself).

I obtained a Wii for dirt dirt cheap from a friend who never used it much. I have Smash, Twilight Princess, House of the Dead port, and the only other games I have a desire to play on it are Metroid Prime 3, and No More Heroes. Just as my gamecube did it will probably see the least amount of use, probably even less than it did. I certainly wouldn't have wasted $250 on it.

But I'll give props to Nintendo, they figured out a way to be #1 without actually having the best product... for now at least.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I have a hard time believing that PS3 has more good games then 360 or Wii.

Especially when most people who have not bought a PS3 yet are waiting for some good titles.

This article seems bogus. Something only a PS3 fanboy would take seriously.

The idea that PS3 is in 1st instead of 3rd is a joke.

Especially when you add in the games that come out on more than 1 console.

I'm not saying Wii has the most good titles, but 360 does.

I don't allow someone else to make my decisions on such a scale.

I own 17 Wii games with a chunk of those coming from Ubisoft.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Well first off its not saying PS3 has the most good games, its saying out of the games that are available for each system, PS3 has more quality titles than shitty ones within what is actually available for it. Sony does have superior quality control standards. The chart is based of a percentage, if it wasn't, Xbox 360's graph would eclipse the other two because of the sheer amount of software it has.

Why would you think PS3 should be third? It has been outselling 360 since January. And the people that are actually buying it are doing so to PLAY it (as opposed to selling it on eBay for inflated prices). With MGS4 on the horizon, sales will only continue to increase.

In any case, article is very reputable. You can choose not to believe it if you wish.

Well first off its not saying PS3 has the most good games, its saying out of the games that are available for each system, PS3 has more quality titles than shitty ones within what is actually available for it. Sony does have superior quality control standards. The chart is based of a percentage, if it wasn't, Xbox 360's graph would eclipse the other two because of the sheer amount of software it has.

Why would you think PS3 should be third? It has been outselling 360 since January. And the people that are actually buying it are doing so to PLAY it (as opposed to selling it on eBay for inflated prices). With MGS4 on the horizon, sales will only continue to increase.

In any case, article is very reputable. You can choose not to believe it if you wish.

The whole thing is they're basing the games on percentage. Not the actual number of games on them. So if there are fewer games on PS3 the percentage of each good game increases.

Example

Console 1 has 70 games, 30 good, 40 bad, meaning 42 percent good, 58 percent bad.

Console 2 has 30 games, 20 good, 10 bad, meaning 66 percent good 34 percent bad.

That is just plain skewed. And even though PS3 is selling more right now Xbox 360 has still sold almost twice as much since its early life span.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The whole thing is they're basing the games on percentage. Not the actual number of games on them. So if there are fewer games on PS3 the percentage of each good game increases.

Example

Console 1 has 70 games, 30 good, 40 bad, meaning 42 percent good, 58 percent bad.

Console 2 has 30 games, 20 good, 10 bad, meaning 66 percent good 34 percent bad.

That is just plain skewed. And even though PS3 is selling more right now Xbox 360 has still sold almost twice as much since its early life span.

Yeah I know, thats what I just said, and that was the whole purpose of the article. Notice the title of this thread. It wasn't meant to say anything about another console being better, thats what you had in your mind just because the PS3 graph was bigger. Its not a debate about what console is the best, its a statement about how many shitty games are flooding the software library of the Wii.

The PS3 is outselling the Xbox 360, most notibly the Xbox 360 Elite model which doesn't have an early life span. If it wasn't a big deal, then Microsoft wouldn't be showing concern... they are. I'm not saying either is better. I own both. Yes they do have more sales, because they have been out longer (and their consoles break more frequently), but the goal for each company is to outsell the other from month to month. I just used it as an example to show how unjust it is to just assume that the PS3 "deserves" to be in 3rd place in every single category ever.

I don't see what all this fuss is about anyways. The article barely even mentions the PS3 besides a sentence or two and a graph. Did you even read the article is the real question, because not only does it say that the graph is off a percent, in the actual content of the piece it gives you the physical numbers you so desire.

Since its release in 2005, there have been some 374 games released for the XBox 360. Of the 374, 86 titles have received a ‘good’ rating(an average ranking of 80% or higher, as per GameRankings). 92 have received ‘poor’ ratings(an average of lower than 60%). That means about 26% of the games for the 360 are ‘good’, and about 24% are considered trash. The PS3 has seen 122 games released, with 40(33%) good games and 20(17%) poor games(ironic considering the most common argument against the PS3 is a lack of good games).

The Wii, released alongside the PS3 in November 2006, has seen a considerable 189 games released. Of these titles, a whoping 69, or 37% are complete trash. On the flipside, there are only 20 good games, making up a minuscule 11% - and of those 20, 4 of them are ports of last generation PS2/Gamecube games! What happened?

360 has more than double the good rated games of PS3. The graph is set up as a percentage because its not meant to show who has more good games. Its a comparison of good to bad within each consoles own software library... some people just like to see a side by side of each console. Just ignore the PS3 and Xbox graphs if you don't like it. Its not even important for the topic at hand. The Wii has tons and tons of crapfest games... its true. They could be doing better... but why when you sell the most?
lol when I saw the title I was thinking, this has to be another one of DX's PS3 fanboy threads trying to bash every other console/ computer system.

Oh yeah, you know me, I'm the biggest PS3 fanboy ever, because I own all 3 systems. I use the other two for target practice out in my back yard. :rolleyes:

I've gotten to the point where I don't listen to most critics anyway unless they make me laugh.

But taking their opinion as fact at times seems to be bad.

Like with Dragon Blade where major critics gave it bad reviews, but their readers seemed to like it.

It all depends on perspective.

Take Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom for example. It received a mediocre rating, Its a fun game for those that are into the Champions, Baldur's Gate, Gauntlet type games. However the reason it got a lackluster rating is because its a next gen title... priced as a next gen title, with previous generation gameplay, graphics, and issues. The Numerical rating means less to me than what is actually said about the game and why it is rated as such.

Rarely do I ever see anything below a 6 from IGN, they really do try to give the benefit of the doubt. However there are plenty of Wii titles that have 4-2's. Of course these are all the garbage titles such as George of the Jungle and the Search for the Secret, Furu Furu Park, and Baroque.

I mean c'mon... The Search for the Secret? They didn't even spend time thinking up a decent title for the game. I see the Angry Nintendo Nerd diving into this library of crap after he runs out of old games to to make videos for.

I probably already own some crappy Wii games. MUA, Red Steel, Far Cry Vengeance, etc. Nothing I would defend, but I found them OK for boredom.

But the most useless games I own right now might involve the Miis. If those didn't exist I wouldn't buy any E or E10 rated games. I just have them under the assumption I might hang out with someone not into violence.

The only bad games I ever remember owning were Driv3r & 25 to Life.

I thought about getting Barouqe when I know what the hell it is. Did it get a nasty rating or something?

I bet there will be a slew of more crappy games for the wii than any other system because the production costs for a wii game are less than any other system? I kinda want a wii just for the virtual console, mario kart, smash bros and a couple other games. Other than that, I haven't been all that interested in the majority of games coming out for any system. but then again I don't keep up with the latest games, news, etc. anymore. :\

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I thought about getting Barouqe when I know what the hell it is. Did it get a nasty rating or something?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/870/870063p1.html

Its basically a half-assed dungeon crawler with decent graphics, but NES gameplay mechanics. Maybe if the game wasn't $40 it would be worth a try.

I bet there will be a slew of more crappy games for the wii than any other system because the production costs for a wii game are less than any other system? I kinda want a wii just for the virtual console, mario kart, smash bros and a couple other games. Other than that, I haven't been all that interested in the majority of games coming out for any system. but then again I don't keep up with the latest games, news, etc. anymore.

Nintendo seems to be letting anyone and everyone make a game for their system... there are 3rd parties that have no prior credibility in game making. While I don't have a problem with this, I think its kind of shitty to sell these sub par products for the same price as top tier games like Smash, and Galaxy. Xbox and PS3 have their share of crumby games, but in these cases, their just games that weren't thought out well, or the concept was either poorly executed or just didn't work out at all. The time and effort was put into them however. Basically the Wii is selling like hot cakes, so everyone is trying to make money by putting as much product out there as humanly possible. It kind of reminds me of the NES days... man, there were A LOT of shitty games for the NES. X'D

Anyways, I have the same attitude as you. My friend sold me his for $200, and it came with 2 Wiimotes, 2 nunchucks, 2 wiimote protective sleeves, 2 gamecube controllers, and a extra stand that can hold games too... even though I use the original stand. Then another friend bought my the nYko rechargable batteries and stand for my birthday. X'D

The only reason i got it was to play Smash, Metroid, and Zelda, I'll probably play Galaxy and No More Heros as well. Other than that I dunno. I'll probably get a few things off the Virtual Console later down the road... but if you can find a killer deal from someone that doesn't use theirs, thats the way to go. House of the Dead 2&3 is fun because you can basically play the arcade goodness without the countless amounts of quarters you wasted as a kid.

I have House of the Dead 2 for the dreamcast and its friggin sweet, but my dreamcast gun broke I've been too lazy to try and take it apart to fix it. :(

SUFFER LIKE G DID!!

(closed caption: Suffer the way G did)

X'D The voice acting is classic!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/870/870063p1.html

Its basically a half-assed dungeon crawler with decent graphics, but NES gameplay mechanics. Maybe if the game wasn't $40 it would be worth a try.

Maybe I'll see if I can find it at a cheaper price months from now. Still the worst selling poing sounds like it has to do with the health & vitality bars.
I bet there will be a slew of more crappy games for the wii than any other system because the production costs for a wii game are less than any other system? I kinda want a wii just for the virtual console, mario kart, smash bros and a couple other games. Other than that, I haven't been all that interested in the majority of games coming out for any system. but then again I don't keep up with the latest games, news, etc. anymore. :\
Best game on the Wii IMHO is No More Heroes.

Although a lot of them do seem lame. I had just assumed that they were E or E10 rated.