Sign in to follow this  
HKofsesshoumaru

Shoot Em Up-Do yourself a favor and sit this one out!

Tuesday night was movie rental night. I picked Michael Moore's "Sicko" and hubby picked Shoot Em Up since we both wanted to see it in the theatre. Thank god I we skipped the $9.00 ticket price because it would have been a serious waste!

Is it just me or do I have terrible luck with movies lately? :banghead:

:tdown:First of all, The preview did not mention any baby yet the whole movie was about this baby.

Basically this guy Smith (played by the rather attractive Clive owen) is sitting on a bench drinking a cup of coffee and eating a carrot. The carrot joke follows through out the whole movie. This pregnant woman in a yellow dress hobbles by chased by a guy with a gun. From there it becomes a crazy shoot out and Smith gets stuck with a baby boy (he later names it Oliver). This other guys starts chasing him for the baby (some bone marrow harvesting thing they later find out about). I dunno, I was laughing so hard through it I failed to pay much attention. The shoot outs are kinda cool, but the whole movie is WAY off with the baby thing. Ok, so baby is born and Smith hooks up with some chick for breast milk? But half way in the movie she is feeding him baby food? Um...I don't remember my daughter eating baby food right after she was born. Not to mention the lame ass baby food sex scene. I'm sorry but if someone stuck a finger of big ass nasty glob of pea mush in my face, I would NOT be licking it off that finger and throwing myself on top of them for sweaty sex in a dirty ass room. Through out the whole movie smith is holding this baby during these shootouts and everyone manages to not shoot him or the baby. The dumbest shootout for me was in the park when baby was on one of those merry-go-round things and smith shoots it so it spins and the bad guy can't shoot the baby. Magically baby never slides off that speedy spinning thing. However when I rode on one as a kid, I managed not only to get rather sick, but busted my ass a few times accidently letting go and flying right off. Must be a super baby with some mad skills.

Oh, and the bullet milk shake thing at the end was too fucking stupid for me. It exploded the cup but didn't hit the fat man who was holding it to his fat face slurping it down.

Positives? 1.) Clive Owen looked hot 2.) The chick who played Donna (Monica Bellucci) was very sexy (for all you guys out there who won't be rushing to rent it for sexy Clive owen) 3.)The soundtrack was decent, though the songs were poorly used in the scenes, adding to my tears of laughter.

All in all this movie, in my opinion, was rather lame. So lame, it was funny. ^_^;It makes Troma Ville movies (Toxic Advenger, Class of Nuke em high Etc..) look like Academy Award winners. Hell, Llyod Kaufman could have done better with this flick and won an Academy Award for it' this movie was that bad. LOL.

Save yourself the trouble and sit this one out.

Edited by HKofsesshoumaru

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

damn, something with Shoot in the title always sounds so promising :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

This is the 3rd thread about this movie, but the 1st one that hates it.

I love this movie and if you saw the commercial for it you would easily know it was about the baby.

I didn't see this movie for the "sexy people".

The crazy shoot outs are the best I've ever seen.

If you're your looking for a "serious" movie then, yeah this movie isn't for you.

And you might not have a sense of humor if you hate it.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I didn't hate it, I just thought it was cheezy crap. Good for a laugh though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

It was meant to be ridiculous and cheesy. It was never meant to be a serious action thriller. It was an old school unrealistic killing spree. One moment he shoots 15 shots and changes a clip, the next he shoots 30 shots out of a clip.

I thought the movie was brilliant. If you are just looking to be entertained, and don't take the movie seriously, you'll absolutely love it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!