Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

What are you going to do with your stimulus check?

Put it in the bank, because the stimulus package is actually just a loan from next years income tax return that we have to pay back at that time.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Sledge, you referring to the refund on taxes right? I got one of my checks today from NJ state for $50.00. I had to file both states NY and NJ cos I live in the latter state, while work in the former state.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

The stimulus check I'm talking about is the one you have to file a federal income tax form for. If you qualify for it, you should have already received a letter telling you. :P

Put it in the bank, because the stimulus package is actually just a loan from next years income tax return that we have to pay back at that time.

Nope. NPR news stated that that is one of the most widely spread rumors relating to the stimulus package because a similar tax rebate in the past was actually an 'advancement' on the following years income tax return. This stimulus check however is not.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The stimulus check I'm talking about is the one you have to file a federal income tax form for. If you qualify for it, you should have already received a letter telling you. :P

Nope. NPR news stated that that is one of the most widely spread rumors relating to the stimulus package because a similar tax rebate in the past was actually an 'advancement' on the following years income tax return. This stimulus check however is not.

Yet, that's exactly what my stimulus package notification said. The stimulus package is a rebate off next years income tax return. However, as noted on this yahoo thread, there appears to be a one time tax cut next year to offset this amount. Meaning, if you normally have an average return of $500, then you'll have an average return of $500 next year regardless of the stimulus package.

I'm still banking the check. The wording of it all has confused many and I'm still not sure what to believe. Come on, it's the IRS and they still get taxes wrong.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080322194549AAZNjZ1

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Sounds like it's free and in the clear. Still banking it. I could use the boost in the savings account and already spent a modest portion of my income tax return on a new stove and dishwasher.