Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Key to the nine tails

This topic is full of spoilers, in case you're not current with the manga.

Ok, so Jiraiya spits out the key to the hakke design on Naruto's stomach, which was entrusted to him by Minato. But, they have a pretty interesting conversation which tells us - the key was used to level up Naruto which allowed him to get the 4 tails when he gets all angry/ emotional/ etc. and Jiraiya goes on to say "...Minato's choice to entrust the key's jutsu design, is for me a clear sign that he intended Naruto to one day complete 'that' jutsu". Any guesses what 'that' jutsu might be? Because Jiraiya also comes to realize later that Pain isn't the 'Destined Child', and it's Naruto instead. I don't think the ultimate jutsu is to be able to control the nine tails while experiencing it's full power, or could it.

Was re-reading the last 50-60 chapters last night and I thought it was pretty interesting.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

have you gotten to the part where Kakashi has Naruto training and learning to make his own move by using his clones? If not then I think you will find that interesting as well.

PS. no matter what Naruto learns it always hurts him :(.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Yep, I've already gotten to that part, in fact that's right before the entire Jiraiya vs Pain battle. But, Kakashi mentions that the 4th couldn't go past Rasengan which means Jiraiya never saw that jutsu which means Jiraiya was not referring to that new technique. Jiraiya sounds like he knows what he's talking about ... it might be a forbidden jutsu which requires massive amounts of chakra maybe? So far, there isn't any hint about it that I'm picking up from the manga. During the Obito chapters, we can see Minato do some uber quick maneuvers and when he asks his team to lay down their 40-50 kunai's one guy says something about everything getting over in the blink of an eye. Considering jutsu's may be hereditary in the series, I'm curious to see how this affects Naruto's range. And, I think too much X'D.

EDIT: Speaking of that new Shuriken Rasengan, it would be cool if he could throw it across like a hugeass shuriken towards the opponent from a distance, rather than having the be close to the opponent and play tag.

Edited by Godgrave

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

"complete 'that' jutsu" is reffering to the incomplete Rasengan that Naruto just semi- perfected in the chapters you just read, using his clones. He learned how to mold his other element into it, which was wind if I'm not mistaken (don't remember its been a long time). It's far from complete but I'm pretty sure thats what they where referring two. The seal on his chest for the fox is also pretty similar to the seal for his Mother's home land so it would make sense that "that" attack would have something to do with that.

It would be nice though is Naruto actually learned a move he could use without fucking up his body. They should just give him the forbidden scroll that he had at the beginning of the who show and let him read from it.

sig.php

Somehow I think it'd be easier for Jiraiya to just say "complete Rasengan" versus saying "complete 'that' jutsu" ... hmmmm, you may be right. But, the contradictory part to your logic is, why would Naruto need the key, whose only purpose is to either close the gate or open it further. If he opens the gate a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle further, he'll develop a further tail and the Kyuubi's chakra will take over his body, having almost full control. How does this benefit Naruto from completing a jutsu he cannot use since he has not control over himself. Plus he doesn't engage in ninja battle techniques once he's got his 4th tail, it's a whole different level of battle altogether. The other factor here is that Yamato wouldn't be able to control the 5th tailed Naruto either ...

Flip side to my argument, is that the chakra release increases his capacity while he's still human (MAYBE).

If Naruto can't throw the shuriken~rasengan, then the other thing he could do is - use the space~time jutsu which he may have inherited from Minato, and play tag with the shuriken~rasengan. Now that's dangerous.

Edited by Godgrave

what if he trained himself to be able to have one of his kagebunshins to run with it?

what chapter does it say "that jutsu" that you're referring to? I'm wondering if it's a translation issue.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

More than running, the quicker more exciting though less tactically challenging way would be to use the space~time jutsu X'D ... but, he doesn't know it yet, that's if it's hereditary.

Chapter 370 'A Premonition' Page 11.

Then again, the frog key that Jiraiya's talking to says this right after Jiraiya's statement "But does Naruto have any need for that in the first place!?". The rasengan~shuriken jutsu was just invented, but it seems like Jiraiya and the frog key know what they're talking about.

He may be reffering to re-sealing the 9tails. As we all know, the seal that's currently on Naruto is braking. To my knowledge, no one knows how to reseal it the same way the 4th did they only know how to restrain Naruto before completely getting taken over. When you said "If he opens the gate a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle further, he'll develop a further tail and the Kyuubi's chakra will take over his body, having almost full control" I think its the opposite. He needs to reseal it, not let more out.

But who knows, it would really be nice if he did learn something new that was remotely useful and unique to his character.

sig.php

I agree completely with your last statement ... Naruto needs some interesting jutsu's in his artillery before he thinks of Hokage or going against Sasuke. Even with acquiring a more powerful jutsu to the Rasengan, it's principal is still the same - effective when he plays tag with the opponent. So, it's just a slightly more powerful Rasengan. Hope he trains more and comes up with some wind jutsu's.

Sign in to follow this