Sign in to follow this  
Kite

what console to buy?

i need some advice

ps3 v xb360

i know the xb360 has better game atm

but that because it is 16 months older then the ps3, and in terms of technology, 16 months is like 20 years.

currently the ps3 is 300pounds, and the xb 360 20gb is 200 pounds

but ps3 = blu ray (major selling point)

but XB - way cheaper and i can connect it to my pc moniter for 780p graphics (the cable doesnt go 1060)

anyone know if theres a difference between the xb elite and premium, ther then a HDD of 120gb that ill never use?

or should i go ps3?

ps3- will get ff13, metal gear solid,.

but xb360 has great games atm, like lost oddysea?

anyone able to help me please

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

It depends on what you want. If you want an Xbox, and you want it to have a wireless connection, and rechargeable batteries for the controllers, you are going to pay just as much as you would for a PS3 that already has it on board. You must buy the 3 year warranty for your 360 as well because it's a POS and could get the red ring of death at any time. I worry about mine every time i turn it on.

Xbox has more games, but do they have the games you want? Either system is good, it just depends on how bad you want MGS4. I would post more, but I must go to work.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Difference is basically you get a bigger HD with the Elite then you do the normal one otherwise they are the same.

Quite frankly go with the one that has what games you want on it. Personally I'd suggest 360 until more games come out for the PS3 and they start tapping the true potential of the console.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Yes it has a bigger HD and it has better hardware. You have a less chance of getting a lemon if you get an Elite, but still no rechargeable controllers nor built in wi-fi which is highly disappointing.

Three things should factor into your choice in the PS3 vs. Xbox 360 decision.

1. Which has the games you want, either now, or in the future?

Its not about graphics or system specs. Its about what you like to play, both consoles have the same genres, but historically Sony tends to gear more toward Action, Platforming, and RPGs. Microsoft is big on Sports, Driving, and FPS.

2. Do you play online a lot?

What kind of online service are you looking for? Sony's online gaming is free and until the PSN update, thats really the only thing it has going for it. The downloadable content, and arcade games are the same price for each console. Xbox Live is currently superior to PSN in every facet. As it is a paid for service (about $60 for 12 months with smaller packages available) you get a better online experience. Downloads are faster, and the interface is much nicer. There is also the achievement system which Sony is still working on for theirs. PLAYSTATION Home, and the future updated store looks interesting, there is potential for it, but it would be nice if the store and the console interface were integrated in tabs like 360's instead of having to log into it from the main menu.

3. What do your friends have?

If you are indeed into online gaming, it is kind of hard to play co-op or against your friends if you have a different console. 360's headset also is a wonderful thing.

PS3 Pros:

Rechargeable controllers

Battery Life last longer

High quality hardware and sturdy construction

Creates less noise than the 360

Blu-Ray player, it even plays DVDs way better than PS2 ever could

On board wifi

Free online service

Superior future potential

360 Pros:

Headset, voice communication

Better online experience (if you are willing to pay)

Larger game library

Faster Downloads

Achievements system

Comes with HDTV and SDTV input cables (PS3 only comes with SDTV, you must buy the HD input separate)

They will both heat up your room, they make pretty nice space heaters in the winter when you play... not so cool in the summer time.

Rob's pretty much covered the important stuff, but I think having to buy rechargeable batteries for your 360 controllers should be weighed against having to buy rumble controllers for the PS3. Both rechargeability and rumble are unnecessary extras, but probably things you'll want and have to pay for in both instances.

My personal opinion is go for the 360. I hated the Xbox and loved PSX and PS2, but I am absolutely blown away by the 360 and essentially everything it offers, and have yet to be overly impressed with our PS3. Also, we bought a Premium pretty close to launch and never had any issues, then went for an Elite when they were released and still *jinx* haven't had any trouble.

But, I'd decide soon just in case you do go for the PS3--so you can still get a hardware backwards-compatible one, as opposed to one that needs patching. That's one thing the systems do share--sucky backwards compatibility. Only being able to put old save files on the PS3 but not take them off? Waiting for patches to play previous Xbox games and then those are sometimes half-assed? C'mon, guys, Nintendo figured this one out.

Tellah2.jpg

ive given it a lota thought and reading you coments i think i should get a ps3, as well blu-ray is the future of gaming

and with regards to gaming, MGS, SW force unleashed, ff, GTA are all on the ps3,

how ever the xb360 - cheap, also i get 12 months free online with it and if i want i cn swap the 20gb Hdd for the elite one,

(i work in blockbusters still)

so i can just take the hdd from a defective xb elite.

however i think as my baby is due v shortly, i might end up watching movies more, and gaming less, so the ps3 has more for me, just not very friendly to my bank account.

thank you guys for your imput, it has helped me decide,

btw do you know if the ps3 games are region coded like the ps2 (pal / ntsc)??

also the xb took a huge price drop of about £40. wonder if the ps3 will follow suit

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Rob's pretty much covered the important stuff, but I think having to buy rechargeable batteries for your 360 controllers should be weighed against having to buy rumble controllers for the PS3. Both rechargeability and rumble are unnecessary extras, but probably things you'll want and have to pay for in both instances.

The SIXAXIS is being discontinued across the board, All new PS3s will be packaged with a Dualshock3 controller when it is released. :P You'd only have to buy an extra DS3 (if you wait a bit longer), while for 360 you have to buy another controller, 2 batteries, or 1 battery and the charger station that comes with one. ;)

I basically use my 360 for my online gaming, like CoD4, while my PS3 is for my personal gaming. Currently most 3rd party PS3 games are 360 ports, but this is going to change sooner than later where the 360 will begin receiving watered down PS3 ports. I like them both. I have to have my games, and these days they are scattered across all consoles.

Oh yes, I am a lucky bastard to have a original 60 gig PS3 which fully operational backwards compatibility. My friend has an 80 gig, and we've ran into some issues playing some old co-op PS2 games. Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks... the game runs fine, but the graphics are jacked up through the entire game... it looks like something that Game Genie did to NES games back in the day.

The SIXAXIS is being discontinued across the board, All new PS3s will be packaged with a Dualshock3 controller when it is released. :P You'd only have to buy an extra DS3 (if you wait a bit longer), while for 360 you have to buy another controller, 2 batteries, or 1 battery and the charger station that comes with one. ;)

But then it's also a matter of deciding whether you want hardware backwards compatibility or the included controllers. :P

I will admit, though, that being able to charge your controller while playing it is pretty nifty. But not nifty enough to put the PS3 over the 360 in my book just yet.

Tellah2.jpg

X'D I didn't even know you couldn't play while charging with the 360, I never tried it. I never used the cord that came with the battery. Playing with the cord on PS3 is annoying, because the socket is so small and isn't very secure inside the controller. If you are playing Resistance: Fall of Man and you have to shake someone off of you, that cord is coming out real fast.