Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Microsoft desires Wii 3rd party, working on X-mote

Concept Picture in link.

http://kotaku.com/376987/microsoft-to-rip-off-wii-remote-by-end-of-year-says-source

The Xbox 360 may be getting its own take on the Wii remote later this year, reports MTV News, with Microsoft said to have been knee deep in "X-remote" development since Summer of 2007. MTV cites an anonymous developer who alleges that a motion-sensitive controller is being developed alongside a Mii-like avatar system with the input of developer Rare, who is said to be late on delivering a "unified interface and look for the controller."

The unnamed source provided MTV with a sketch, which our hasty mock up to the left is based on and explains the copious amount of holes.

If true, it reminds us of that other Rare project said to be in the works, the Xbox Live Arcade title with Vision cam support.

You may remember the rumor regarding Rare's The Fast and the Furriest based on internal docs delivered to Xbox 360 Fanboy. Those plans indicated that Rare was hard at work on a "wand type" interface with motion control and a furry outfit avatar system. Yes, it does sound like the stuff of nightmares.

Speaking of nightmares, MTV's source calls the project "a colossal clusterf***" which should certainly inspire confidence. There's even talk of waggle-formed games for the hardcore.

The best part? Rumored marketing materials that illustrate "how easy it would be for third parties to port their Wii games to the 360." We're not making this up!

Even more details on the exasperating copycatting await you at the original MTV News report. Consider it rumor for now, but given the extensive talk about Microsoft looking to shoehorn in Wii-like features, don't be surprised if such a thing pops up at the company's E3 press conference.

Hmm with the loss of HD-DVD it certainly is an interesting move if ture. The only problem is, the fanbase that buys the 360, didn't buy it to play Wii games, and vice versa. Also it would be a hard sell to someone that wants a Wii, because the 360 is more expensive, and the X-mote would be a separate accessory until they made a pricey console bundle. I'm guessing it would work via USB for a censor bar.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

To a certain extent I'd like to see this be true... Wii Like Controller + Hard Drive + Xbox Live - Internet Connection = Awsome... Then again this sounds like a late April Fool's Joke...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

i just hope that they make a blu ray drive for the 360, that is cheap

id rather buy the xb360, but if buying the console and blu ray drive, adds up to more then the ps3, i guess ill buy the ps3

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

i doubt its a late april fools joke since they already did that here

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/2008/spring/default.htm

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

i just hope that they make a blu ray drive for the 360, that is cheap

id rather buy the xb360, but if buying the console and blu ray drive, adds up to more then the ps3, i guess ill buy the ps3

Xbox would have to get permission from Sony to use blu-ray, I doubt they'd get a fair price for the rights to do so. As of now Microsoft is too proud to ask, or at least they act like it amongst all the rumors. Its a situation where Sony could not give them permission and laugh at them, or give them permission and pocket a nice chunk of cash. I think the 360 is fine how it is right now though.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

i doubt its a late april fools joke since they already did that here

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/promotions/2008/spring/default.htm

Too bad something like that helmet thing isn't real... Then again it would probabley end up being called "Virtual Boy 2.0"...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.