Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Pop!

First pregnant man, and stuff about that I read this morning when a colleague showed it to me.

http://www.malepregnancy.com/

In the years since the first "test tube baby" was born in 1978, physicians and scientists from RYT Hospital have been working to develop a viable technique for the successful impregnation of male individuals. Illustrated to the right is a recent radiographic image of Mr. Lee, the first human subject to attempt this procedure, which shows the healthy fetus developing in his abdominal cavity.

Please note that RYT Hospital is not accepting new patients for this procedure. Male pregnancy is still in its experimental stage and will not be available to the public in the immediate future.

In vitro fertilization (IVF) techniques were used to induce an ectopic pregnancy by implanting an embryo and placenta into the abdominal cavity, just under the peritoneum (the surrounding lining). Please read below for the step-by-step process.

1. HORMONES
    Oral doses of female hormones were administered to Mr. Lee to make him receptive to the pregnancy. The following graphs of his hormone treatment were prepared by Simone M. Lowell, M.D., Ph.D., Attending Physician and Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Reproductive Medicine at RYT Hospital-Dwayne Medical Center. Dr. Lowell's research is one of the primary reasons that this clinical procedure is now possible. hormone1_sm.gif hormone2_sm.gif

2. IMPLANTATION
    IVF techniques were used to induce an ectopic pregnancy by implanting an embryo and placenta into the abdominal cavity, just under or into the peritoneum (the surrounding lining). There is a severe risk of massive hemorrhage when the ectopic ruptures; this is also the most common cause of women dying in pregnancy.

3. EMBRYO GROWTH
    Once implantation was complete, Mr. Lee stopped taking hormones, because the pregnancy itself, as expected, took over. The embryo secretes sufficient hormones to maintain its own growth and development.

4. GROWTH OF THE FETUS
    The duration of the pregnancy has been surprisingly normal, i.e. fetal heart monitoring, chorionic villus sampling, ultrasound scanning (as seen on this web site), and a constant watch over Mr. Lee's health and his enlarging stomach. "Men, as they grow older," Dr. Winston of London's Hammersmith Hospital observed playfully, "have already learned to cope with a steadily expanding waistline. Granted, well, this is a bit different."

5. DELIVERY
    The delivery will requires open surgery (Cesarean section) to remove the baby and the placenta. Removal of the placenta is the real danger because it forms such intimate connections with surrounding vessels that massive hemorrhage is likely. Implantation may have also involved other structures in the abdomen, including the bowel and it is possible that parts of other organs may need to be removed. Several physicians who are well-accustomed to advanced and dangerous forms of ectopic pregnancies will be on-hand to handle any complications.

If you go to the website, you can check a live feed on a couple of things, and other stuff. Here's a bit from an interview ..

Janice

Mr. Lee, as we just discussed, male pregnancy may prove to be an extremely dangerous medical procedure at this point – particularly when your doctors perform your Cesarian operation. Why have you chosen to do this?

Mr. Lee

A lot of people have cast this endeavor as something terribly monstrous – a startling example of how science and medicine have simply gone too far. From my perspective, however, I am simply bringing a child into this world. There is nothing more natural and beautiful on this earth than that. This is something that I've always wanted to do.

Janice

But surely you understand why some people find the idea of a pregnant man disturbing?

Mr. Lee

Well, I understand how it may be a shocking concept at first. Biologically, women have always given birth to children, and men have not. Despite the dramatic results of the sexual revolution in the latter half of this century, there are still very distinct and concrete social roles determined by this... until now... undeniable biological fact. Now, it seems, we have several important questions to consider. Why shouldn't men carry children and care for a fetus the same way a women does? Why shouldn't a man bear a burden that women have always carried? On the other hand, why shouldn't a man be able to experience the same joy and excitement that a pregnant woman feels nurturing a child within her own body? Now I think men, as well as women, have more choices, more possibilities, more roles they can assume in their lives....

mingwei_standing.jpg

Edited by Godgrave

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'm sorry, that's just wrong. Seriously. If you're going to go to all the work and effort to make a man's body capabiel of carrying a child, it'd be eaiser to go through a sex-change operation. That's basiclly what they're talking about here, just taking it one step further.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

no fair they should make him squat that kid out

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

having a baby is like having yer vagina and asshole being turned inside out simultaneously while somebody kicks you in the back wearing steel toed boots

for the guys: piss a grape out yer dick and shit out a watermelon simultaneously

protect yourselves girlies labor aint fun -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this