Sign in to follow this  
Eppy

Slayers Revolution

New Slayers Anime to Be Titled Slayers Revolution

posted on 2008-03-19 02:13 EDT

More details to be provided in Japan's Dragon Magazine in May

The May issue (released on March 19) of Fujimi Shobo's Dragon Magazine has announced the official title of the upcoming fourth anime television series in the Slayers fantasy comedy franchise:Slayers Revolution. The announcement also hinted tongue-in-cheek, but not stated, that the character Xellos will be the main character instead of the popular female lead Lina. A major announcement will be made in Dragon Magazine's July issue, which goes on sale on May 20. (Dragon Magazine has moved to a bimonthly schedule starting this month.) Dragon Magazine published Hajime Kanzaka's original light novels that started the franchise.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-03-19/new-slayers-anime-to-be-titled-slayers-revolution

*drool* YES WANT NOW

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

*sniff* but I love re-watching good anime series *sniff* ... I was just about to get to my Rahxephon re-watch, and now this had to happen *humph*.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

bah RahXephon? garbage :P watch all of slayers

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link

I'm up till episode 13 now, it just gets smoother and better with every watch. I don't want it to end, but in a way I want it to end too, so I can get to Slayers, BUT I really wanna also re-watch HunterXHunter X'D!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-04-09/slayers-revolution-tv-series-website-opens

The May issue (released on April 9) of Fujimi Shobo's Dragon Age magazine has announced that a Slayers Revolution manga will launch in the next issue (on sale on May 9). Artist Issei Hyōju (Armored Core -Tower City Blade-) will base his work off Hajime Kanzaka's original novels and Rui Araizumi's original character designs from the novel's illustrations. (The magazine is a spinoff from the Dragon Magazine that serialized the original novels.) The ad prominently displays the main characters Lina and Ameria, but also shows Gourry and Zelgadiss.

slayers_returns.jpg

Looks like Lina and the gang will still be the main characters... ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Season 3 underused Gourry and didn't cover any kind of relationship aspect with him and Lina. It was a shame. :\

The Slayers movies and ovas were pretty good for comedy. Nothing really touches the first two seasons of Slayers tho. Those two seasons makes me think of Full Metal Panic. Both were great series that were able to perfectly mix both an ongoing plot with many serious aspects, but still throw comedy in whenever they feel like it.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

^ what's that black box in your post?!?!!?!?

I'm through the first 2 dvd's of The Slayers, I think 11-12 episodes? They just introduced that other chick with her dad, and so far it's pretty hilarious at times. But I prefer the Jap v/a's over the English ones ...

Heh yeah, there was a block piccie box or something ^ ^ ... all the villian voices were really just bland by the English v/a's.

Lina and Gourry's v/a's are cool, but the others' aren't >_> ... I think I did something bad ... I finished 2 dvds of The Slayers ... and after coming back from work, I began re-watching Fruits Basket for the nth time X'D

Lina and Gourry's v/a's are cool, but the others' aren't >_> ... I think I did something bad ... I finished 2 dvds of The Slayers ... and after coming back from work, I began re-watching Fruits Basket for the nth time X'D

bah forget the fruits basket anime...read the manga man...its friggin glorious and the ending was great

eppyomega.png

Eeeeeeeeeeeeiiii *gets smacked by Strider~kun who flew all the way here in his mecha* o_x n~yyaaaaaaaa. AIGHT, YOSH, I'll finish S FIRST after I get done with my online *evil laugh* activities, and then hop on top finishing the FB anime, then moving on to the FB manga (can't remember if Eppy gave me the completed one, I'll checkidoos) ... Aaaaaaaaaaa~ I'm also got to re~read Berserk *realizes his life sucks*

man cant wait its so close....July 2nd is its air date :) the OP single is already out by of course....Megumi Hayashibara :)

eppyomega.png

Yatta! Finished Season 1! I guffawed when Gourry's possessed with that sorceresses crystal and Lina was fighting him. I couldn't watch the last episode on the 3rd dvd cos it'd just hang the compy ... but otherwise, it's a good series SO FAR. I'll pick on Slayers Next either tonight or tomorrow ^ ^