Sign in to follow this  
gokuDX7

no country for old men

Well I didn't get the chance to see this film in theaters so my friend rented it and a few other movies for us to watch tonight. I've heard so much about this film being a "master peace" or being really amazing that I had some high expectations before seeing it. Having Tommy Lee also gave me the impression that this was going to be an action packed gun movie like most of the movies/shows hes in.

...you can take everything you've heard from people, web sites, the TV and throw it out the window. This film is one of those either you like it or you don't and I was one of the people that didn't like it at all. The general story is still very unclear. Sure we understand the very basic story of the main character finding drug money and wants to keep it so he's forced to run away from this Beatles looking guy. The problem is loads of things are left unanswered. For example, who is the Beatles guy working for? The mexicans, the other guys, or himself? How does the main character know how to do all the things he does? He acts as if this type of stuff is a regular thing for him. The list goes on....

As the story slowly progresses and the action picks up you would at least expect the writers to explain some of this stuff, but no, in-staid they toss unrelated story's at us about Tommy Lee's Character or someone else that has really nothing to do with the current movie settings at all. Which brings me to another point. Where the hell was Tommy? The movie starts with him and ends with him but we never see him deal with any of the main characters at all throughout the most critical moments. He's a sheriff of Texas and the most we see him and his Dep do is drink coffee and read news paper about deaths.

Then the inevitable ending, no one wins. The hero loses in a confusing and really un-eventful way, the Main bad guy loses by not gaining the thing he's wanted throughout the whole movie, the Mexicans are still around for some reason god only knows if they have the money now or not, and we have no clear idea where the money is. Nothing is clarified or brought to a closure and your left with questions and a dumb found look on your face (at least I was).

This film was probably one of the few I have ever disliked in my life. Sure the guns and tools they each used to attack each other was really cool. But without a decent story or any clarification of whats going on I feel like I just got movie raped. Please excuse me wile I go curl up in a ball.

I give this movie an 4/10

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

This wasn't too bad, I watched it sometime last week because it came out on dvd. Have you read the book?

Ok, about Brolin's character, you don't know his past, but being in Texas and from a small town you assume everyone is capable of handling fire arms or taking care of themselves. He confidently walks through the pile of dead bodies, and picking up the gun, knowing the danger of it. Sorta reassures you that he is skilled. If it were me, I'd run!

About Javier's character, well, you really aren't told a lot, except that he has his own rock solid scruples and money doesn't matter to him or dope, it's just the way the situation carries itself. In the end, he partially realizes why everyone he's met tells him he has the eyes of a madman, and prolly walks away because of that.

The Mexicans were dead at the beginning of the movie, and maybe seek revenge towards the end. I liked the way Brolin was taken out ... it wasn't predictable. All in all, a decent flick, not the best I've seen, but not bad.

EDIT: If you like Tommy Lee Jones, be sure to check out 'In The Valley Of Elah' which came out last year, pretty GOOD movie that.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

This wasn't too bad, I watched it sometime last week because it came out on dvd. Have you read the book?

Ok, about Brolin's character, you don't know his past, but being in Texas and from a small town you assume everyone is capable of handling fire arms or taking care of themselves. He confidently walks through the pile of dead bodies, and picking up the gun, knowing the danger of it. Sorta reassures you that he is skilled. If it were me, I'd run!

About Javier's character, well, you really aren't told a lot, except that he has his own rock solid scruples and money doesn't matter to him or dope, it's just the way the situation carries itself. In the end, he partially realizes why everyone he's met tells him he has the eyes of a madman, and prolly walks away because of that.

The Mexicans were dead at the beginning of the movie, and maybe seek revenge towards the end. I liked the way Brolin was taken out ... it wasn't predictable. All in all, a decent flick, not the best I've seen, but not bad.

EDIT: If you like Tommy Lee Jones, be sure to check out 'In The Valley Of Elah' which came out last year, pretty GOOD movie that.

ehh, I just didn't like it at all. I've never read the book. I'm sure if I had, I may have liked the movie but I honestly cant say this movie was worth seeing.

Tommy is ok, I just associate him with movies where hes actually doing something. This movie, he basically talked and drank coffee. I was disappointed.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^