Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

paper or plastic

You can recycle both technically, one uses trees, one isn't very biodegradable. You can return any plastic bag to our store, but I'm sure most throw them in the garbage can. We sell the cloth bags, but no one buys them, though I see a few people with their own home made ones... very few.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Most of the grocery stores around here either do not offer paper or don't want to bother asking if I want paper or plastic. One time I asked if I could get paper and the bagger rolled her eyes at me! SOOOOOORRRRY.-_-;

Raley's (sp?) has good paper bags with strong handles.

I usually use plastic. But I reuse them for little trash cans, lunches, etc.:D

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

Every store I go to have regular plain paper bags with no handles on them. If I only have a few bags like 3 or 4 its pretty much impossible for me to carry 4 paper bags to my car without fear of spilling my crap everywhere, so I generally get plastic bags. At least our stores here have bins outside or right inside the doors specifically for recycling plastic bags. And while they don't have any bins for dropping off paper bags for recycling, we can easily put all our paper bags in our recycling bins that get picked up once a week along with our regular garbage.

And we re-use our little plastic garbage bags for our smaller trashcans too. I'd rather use a cloth bag, but I always forget the damn things in the car.

Btw, Aldi's has really good re-useable plastic bags. If I know I'm going to that store I almost always remember to bring one of those bags in with me.. But I think its because I associate that store more with re-usable bags than with others because you have to bag your own groceries there unlike most stores where they scan and bag at the same time. I think in time people might get more used to bringing their bags in with them and actually make a change.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this