Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

Mom throws kids off overpass

Mom throws two kids from overpass into I-30 traffic 7:59 AM CT

08:09 AM CDT on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

From Staff Reports

A mother threw her two children off an overpass and then she followed, jumping into Wednesday morning’s rush-hour traffic on Interstate 30 near Jim Miller Road, according to Dallas-Fire Rescue.

All three people survived, said Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Paul Lara.

The incident happened about 6:30 a.m., according to Traffic Pulse.

WFAA-TV reported that the woman was taken to Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas in critical condition and two children were taken to Children’s Medical Center Dallas.

Traffic on westbound Interstate 30 was expected to be snarled for several hours.

Just, holy crap. >< What is it with people who commit sucicide and involve their kids?

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Orphanages exist, and just 'cos you gave birth to em don't mean you can kill em! Btw, this kind of suicide would make the person suffer ... think bout it, you fall and don't die but you've got a broken leg, neck, etc. waiting to get hit by a speeding car ... why not just die less painfully X'D?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Update:

Mom throws two kids from overpass into I-30 traffic

10:51 AM CDT on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

By STEVE THOMPSON and KIMBERLY DURNAN / The Dallas Morning News

Dallas police were investigating Wednesday morning why a mother threw her two children off an overpass and then jumped into oncoming traffic on Interstate 30 near Jim Miller Road.

Khandi Busby, 27, and her two children survived the 22-foot fall from the overpass railing into westbound traffic, Dallas police said. The three were taken to local hospitals where the mom was listed in critical condition after being struck by a vehicle. The two boys were in good condition.

"We don't know the reason at this point why she did this," said Dallas police Sgt. Gil Cerda.

The woman had been riding in a yellow Cadillac with her two children, Gary Ford, 8, and Derrick Tennison, 6, and a man believed to be the woman's father, police said.

It was unclear whether the adults had been fighting, but at some point the father stopped at a nearby gas station and Ms. Busby got out of the car with the children. She walked to the overpass, threatened to jump, and her father followed, apparently trying to talk her out of it, police said.

At about 6:30 a.m., Ms. Busby threw Gary and Derrick over the railing and then jumped.

Ms. Busby was taken to Baylor University Medical Cener at Dallas, and the boys were transported to Children's Medical Center Dallas. One of the boys had a broken arm and the boys may have been grazed by passing traffic.

“It‘s a miracle both kids weren’t hit directly by a passing car,” Dallas police Sgt. David Burroughs said.

Police said the father had left the scene after the woman jumped, but investigators later located him at Baylor hospital with the woman.

It's a miracle they weren't all killed. Traffic down there is a pain in the ass, espically that time in the morning. Although, that may be why they didn't get killed by traffic. It's slow there in the mornings, though usually not stop and go at that point, so people had more time to react.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

interesting.... must be she got sick of telling them to clean their rooms.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

*light bulb appears over his head*

You think she threw them, and then in a split second realized her mistake and did a Batman Forever ending scene where she went to grab em both before they'd meet their eventual doom? Only, she didn't have the Batman's belt

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

you gotta wonder how people come to the conclusion to try to take there kids with them? its like they need me typa deal or i cant bare to let them be without me somthing along those lines i would guess but then why try to take out the whole fam when wouldent that be reason enuff to stay alive?

Sign in to follow this