Sign in to follow this  
Sana-chan

Advice needed please. =[

Okay, so here I am in Texas.

I'm doing great!

Mike and I will be moving to california sometime this summer if all goes well

I made a resume and sent it in to this company. (applying for a game master position with blizzard)

I got a call 5 minutes after I sent it in.

They want me to go in for an interview but since I don't have a car and Mike is my only ride to places they declined me an interview.

I also told them I am in walking distance of the main office (which is true)

She didn't seem to care.

So i e-mailed my mom and said I didn't get the interview. I receive one back form my dad a few minutes later saying that I can come home and get my job with the school district back and get some money and then Mike can come later when everything is settled here in Tx.

Here's the emotional catch...

I've gained a significant amount of weight and I don't want my parents seeing me like this.

I've been here 6 months without a job and we have been dealing just fine/

Mike says I don't need to get a job (since we would be moving in a couple or months)

What should I do?

Move back in with my parents and tell them I have gained 20 pounds since I moved also live without my boyfriend for months.

Or stay in Texas and try to burn the weight off and be with boyfriend

>.<

No offense to your parents but honestly if your parents care that much about your weight, theres something wrong. I can understand a joke or two when they first see you but I doubt they will continue to bug you about your weight. Most parents will be happy just to see their kid(s).

If you still don't feel good about your weight then try and find a job in the same town as where you're currently living and work as much as you can before you move.

Personally, If my mom or dad offered me a place to sleep and a job id take the job because money is money. You could always loose weight as your living there with your parents anyway.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

well they do say that people tend to gain weight when they are content :) I guess that means ya found the right guy. That's not something to be embarrassed over, ya should be happy!

If you need money or think that having extra cash will be beneficial when you move then by all means take a temp job. Either place is fine but moving back in with the rents after being out on yer own usually sux pretty bad, just a heads up there >.<

If you're concerned about your weight and think you may be heading down an unhealthy road change your diet and exercise habits. Fast food and premade stuff is easy but its loaded with sodium and fat. Ya gotta make meals from scratch (cook meat in water not butter or oil) lay off white stuff (potatoes white bread) cut back on dairy (cheddar cheese is one of my secret weaknesses) and guzzle water like the world is gonna run out of it tomorrow. Taking a walk or a hike is a great way to burn calories and tone up. If the weather is shitty flick on fit tv and find an exercise instructor/workout you like and try it out a few days a week. Don't over extend yourself, ya cant exercise the next day if ya blow out all yer muscles in yer first workout :P At your age you still have a pretty high metabolic rate and dropping the pounds shouldn't be too hard.

good luck :happy:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Thanks for the advice goku and lady.

I guess the reason I am really worrying about my weight and what my parents are going to say is because my mom has been bugging me about my weight for years.

Even when I was at the right weight for my age and height she said I needed to lose more.

So, to be all rebellious I started bad habits. Eating junk food all the time. I think I went to far^^;

Mike's co-workers are starting a soccer team, I am hoping they let me join even though I don't work at Blizzard.

=]

I feel ya on the weight thing. When I got clean, I gained back the weight I lost due to drugs. My sister on the other hand has gotten very very thin since she started using drugs a year ago. My mother praises her weight loss, even though she knows what is going on. My sister is homeless and pregnant and yet the favorite of my mother (she is the baby). I catch shit from my mother all the time how I am married,pregnant and heavier. It's such an insult.

Normal parents (mine are far from) do not care about you weight, or shouldn't. My parents gained and lost weight, and it never changed who they were to me. And it shouldn't.

20 pounds isn't all that bad and I agree, when you are content you gain weight. If you really don't like it, what worked for me was just a little exercise (my fav is Turbo Jam a combo of kick boxing and dance) and you'll shed the weight like it was never there. As for the job. I would go for it anyway. Maybe your path will curve again and you won't move. Who knows?

Keep your chin up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

my mom use to pick apart my body image to because she had an eating disorder it was because of this that i felt hugh all through school even though i scaled in at less than 100lb when ur 14 and ur mom is lighter than u r u begin to wonder what is wrong with you i think that is the same reason i developed an eating disorder of my own in the last couple of years as well as why when i am 23years old with 3 kids i still feel like shamoo at 120lb!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Damn I wish I weighed 120 pounds again..LOL. J/K When I did get down to that weight (because of drugs) it was kind of scary looking. I have a pic and pair of my pants still from that weight. I'm good a nice 135. Since, Im pregnant so I wont be seeing thay weight anytime soon LOL

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Sign in to follow this