Sign in to follow this  
Myk JL

McCain ineligible to be President?

I think if he wasn't eligable, he wouldn't have gotten this far in the race. Even though he was born outside the US, he was born to two US citizans, which gave him a sort of double citizenship for the US and the country he was born in. From my understanding, at 18 he would've had to pick on or the other, but that may also depend on the country itself. But a naturalized citizan is one who wasn't born a citizen and took the oath to become one.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

well this is crap. -_-; if the govt is going to allow naturalized citizens to hold the highest office then technically they have to allow Governor Arnold to run for pres if he wants and give it up to the big guy if he wins the election. If they are gonna wave the where you were born clause for a McCain presidential run then those who immigrated to this country and became citizens should have the same rights...right?

This goes into that "Who/What is an American?" debate. Baby we're a little bit of everybody :P I think that people who come here legally and do the leg work to become citizens deserve to be treated as such. 2 outta 3 of my doctors aren't home grown X'D Dr L is Caribbean and Dr I is Russian. I thought the thing that made us so cool that was that no matter where you were born you could always become American.

Maybe this lil scandal will have govt looking over the requirements for office and amend the shit to be more specific. :look:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

he's not a naturalized citizan, he's born citizen because his parents were both US citizens....

and i think having Arnold as president would be super special awesome...seriously...no one would fuck with the US then! XD

acsig2016.jpg

I'm under the impression that The Governator doesn't have American parents. If McCain were kicked out now could you imagine the shock that Romney would have for dropping out?

As for other foreigners I wonder how this applies to anchor babies.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

with a beefy chunk of our military over seas... what about their (mostly illegitimate) kids?

Arnold is the prezanator! "Sign this low carbon emissions treaty or I'll be back."X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Arnold is an Austrian immigrant, came over after winning Mr. Universe. In fact, his first movie the dubbed a different voice actor because his accent was too thick. (ah, random trivia!) He is an American citizen, but became one by passing the test and taking the oath.

I can see why the founding fathers would've wanted only American born citizens as president, and I can see where allowing naturalized citizens could be a problem. But I don't think it's as big a problem as other things. You know, like lack of ability. *rolls eyes*

acsig2016.jpg

Not only does that link not work but the very premise that McCain is ineligible to hold the presidency is utter crap. He was born in the American controlled Panama Canal Zone in a time when the US had full sovereignty of the area. It's the same as being born in a territory like Puerto Rico or Hawaii or Alaska before they became states.

lightsig.jpg

The link worked when he posted it. And it doesn't matter where he was born, his parents are both American citizians, so that makes him one too. He could be born on Mars and would still be a natural citizian. (though, wouldn't that be cool? you could tell people you're a real matian! XD)

acsig2016.jpg

The link worked when she posted it. And it doesn't matter where he was born, his parents are both American citizens, so that makes him one too. He could be born on Mars and would still be a natural citizen. (though, wouldn't that be cool? you could tell people you're a real martian! XD)
I'm a dude... The last time I checked... But yeah, McCain is an American because his parents are Americans.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I'm a dude... The last time I checked... But yeah, McCain is an American because his parents are Americans.

sorry, my typing skills are going downhill......*dies*.....

acsig2016.jpg

Sign in to follow this