Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Democratic versus Republican views

In terms of foreign policy and basic ideas, what are the different stances both parties? Or simply link me up to a source I could read up on it. Sorry (in advance) for the lame topic ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

I'm not posting for any of the other candidates they can suck a rosy fart outta my ass X'D

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/

I'm not posting for any of the other candidates they can suck a rosy fart outta my ass X'D

as if hillary is any change to the current government...

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

The more I hear about how much Hillary has in common with Obama the more I hate Democrats... Then again I probably hate most Republicans even more.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

In terms of foreign policy and basic ideas, what are the different stances both parties? Or simply link me up to a source I could read up on it. Sorry (in advance) for the lame topic ...

...and people wonder how we got to where we are.

Please, if you're too apathetic or disinterested to educate yourself on the issues, do us all a favor and stay home on election day.

The unfortunate truth is that both parties are equally useless at affecting any real change. Rather than being characterized by a certain ideology, both parties have resigned to defining themselves based on their differences over a handful of moral issues that are, ultimately, completely irrelevant to the actual function of the government. If you were to remove one of the two parties, you would strip the other completely of its identity because both are defined entirely by their differences to one another. Our government officials are elected according to their stance on issues like abortion and "gay rights", ethical debates centered around the "morality in politics" agenda that has dominated recent elections. These are issues that question an individual's core values and sense of right and wrong, creating a great deal of loyalty to the party that share's those values and effectively taking the politics out of a political election. The unfortunate result is the problem we face today, an elected government that is a gross misrepresentation of the people.

The problem is that the politicians dictate what the important issues are going to be before their campaigns even begin. At that point, all they have to do is draw a line and stand on opposite sides. Meanwhile, we remain content to squabble over whatever vapid bullshit they decide should be argued over ad nauseum rather than deciding for ourselves what is and isn't important to us.

This year's election will be a perfect example of why our current two-party system is, at best, incredibly unfair. If you look forward to the presidential race, it's fairly obvious that, regardless of his or her stance on any other platform, we will ultimately be choosing a president based on one contention: Iraq. Unfortunately, there are only two parties to choose from, and, as always, they have placed themselves on opposing sides of what is currently the single most divisive issue of the election. This forces us to adopt a president with a political agenda we may not agree with because of party lines that were drawn around one fucking issue. It's because of this juxtaposition that Americans have become completely oblivious to the politics of their own government. The politics don't matter given that, ultimately, all we can do is pick a side and hope for the best.

By the way, good luck even getting a chance to vote in the next election. Under the Patriot Act, the president has the authority to indefinitely postpone elections during a "time of conflict" and, since it's impossible to win a "war on terrorism", we're one media-hyped bombing away from having our government replaced with a dictatorship.

what is the what.

By the way, good luck even getting a chance to vote in the next election. Under the Patriot Act, the president has the authority to indefinitely postpone elections during a "time of conflict" and, since it's impossible to win a "war on terrorism", we're one media-hyped bombing away from having our government replaced with a dictatorship.

I highly doubt he would risk pissing off everyone in the United States by postponing elections, and if he did, chances are congress wouldn't allow it to last more then a few months before impeaching him or denying him any more funds.

By the way do you know what article in the patriot act this falls under? After you posted it, I've been interested in reading it but cant seem to find that particular line. I found loads of conspiracy sites that have lines but none that show up on credible sites.

lol this is like the "Hilary will have her husband be vice president" thing going around.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

...and people wonder how we got to where we are.

Please, if you're too apathetic or disinterested to educate yourself on the issues, do us all a favor and stay home on election day.

Errrr I can't vote, and have been here in the US for just over a year now on a work permit, and am not a US citizen or Green Card holder, FYI. I haven't studied your country's history or have knowledge of how the politics work here, it's as simple as that. It's because I'm interested that I created this topic.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Errrr I can't vote, and have been here in the US for just over a year now on a work permit, and am not a US citizen or Green Card holder, FYI. I haven't studied your country's history or have knowledge of how the politics work here, it's as simple as that. It's because I'm interested that I created this topic.
If it makes you feel any better most Americans don't know that much about it either. Otherwise Americans would actually take voting seriously. Instead of acting like it's Reality TV.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

By the way do you know what article in the patriot act this falls under? After you posted it, I've been interested in reading it but cant seem to find that particular line. I found loads of conspiracy sites that have lines but none that show up on credible sites.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/05/20070509-12.html

http://www.fbiic.gov/executiveorders.htm

http://www.c-span.org/pdf/patriotact.pdf

Decide for yourself.

My apologies; that was a stupid assumption on my part.

what is the what.