Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Defeating Teach

His power is evil awesome scary. Logia users who aren't used to getting beat on fall at his feet. (Oh my poor Acey Wacey!) He can pretty much nullify all DF powers and then its just a pummeling contest ne?

Thing is, I think Luffy could hold up to a pounding better then Teach could, but could/would Teach suck in a DF user and if he did would it kill him ala 2 devils in the same vessel?

And then there is Shanks who wants to be the guy that tears Teach a new asshole. Shanks is hella powerful but how often does he fight/spar. Dueling with Mihawk hasn't happened since he lost his arm. Could Shanks crushing aura be enough to suppress a DF user or ability?

I'm sure Whitebeard is so flaming pissed by now he's shitting fire. What would happen if the big guy got off his ass and engaged in a real man to man fight?

Hmmmm so who do you think is going to get to Teach first and which character will break his ass?

If Teach is still in the vicinity of Impel Down it is possible Luffy and co could run into him. mr.tthat messes with Luffy's family.

Shanks busted through the marines blockade to meet with Whitebeard indicating both powerful captains are free to go wherever whenever, including Impel Down or after Teach directly. O_O

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I remember Whitebeard being PISSED OFF royally knowing that his nakama was killed, but just imagine what he'd be thinking when he'd learn of Ace, 2nd Commander, being defeated and sent to Impel Doom plus Blackbeard's new protected post within the World Government? HELL! He might either have a heart attack from so much fury or do something drastic. But, he's smart ... he'll trace Luffy and seeing how Luffy's being going at em Schibukai's plus the eventual Ace rescuing, he'll 'help' in some way I'm sure.

Blackbeard cannot hold 2 DF's in him, he'd not be able to take that much power. Luffy's got the capacity to take a heavy beating but to what extent? Touch Blackbeard and your power's useless because it'll absorb the DF ability, unless he has long range attacks or air punches using Gear Second, I dunno how he'll battle Blackbeard single handedly. But, maybe it's not his battle in the first place, maybe Blackbeard's battle is reserved for Whitebeard ... and we're not even taking Dragon into consideration here, he's appeared more than once already and has yet to come into play, story~wise.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I've been thinking about this most of the day and my conclusion is that I don't think Teach actually absorbs anything into himself physically. I believe his gravity power gives him the ability to pull things to him, push them away, etc.. but his absorbtion/black hole moves act like a gravity field/dimensional hole kind of thing that his DF power lets him control. If Teach took out a marine ship by sucking it in, he would in essence absorb the sea stone from the ships bottom... and that would probably kill him or destroy his DF powers permanently, just as absorbing another DF user would result in his death because of the two devils fruit curse. Hell, what if he absorbed a bunch of sea water into his black hole field, would he drown from the inside out? I don't think any of that would happen to him because I don't think his absorbtion is directly connected to his body.

It got me thinking about Miroku from Inuyasha. He actually had like a black hole/singularity in his hand and it was connected to his physical body. If he absorbed something poisonous, it would poison him. The more he used it the larger the ball of mass in his hand grew and the faster it would eventually consume him. And if he absorbed something sharp like swords or some crap it would cut him on his hand while it was being sucked in, thus f*cking him up.

But Teach so far hasn't shown that kind of weakness when he absorbs at all. He does say that he has to take every hit, implying that his body is the true center point of the gravity, but instead, he can expand his dark gravitational field on massive scales and literally pull things straight into his darkness field as opposed to having everything fly straight at his body. Because of that its a completely different power/negative affects than Miroku's. To be able to absorb everything at a distance without having to absorb it with contact with his body is a truly scary power. His main weakness is that he has to take any hit, but at the same time he can work his own power so that he doesn't harm himself in the slightest (unlike Miroku). Don't get me wrong tho, I do think his actual body is a source of gravity itself, but I don't think his actual body has an absorbtion ability like that of his gravity field.

But, the extremely powerful ability of his actual body is the fact that he can negate the DF powers of another DF user. The downside to that move is that he has to have physical contact with the DF user. Teach is more suited to long range or massive scale destruction, but to take on a DF user he has to bring them directly to his own weakness. Teach has so many different abilities or moves he could bust out with.. I'm really looking forward to seeing him in another fight.

I think Luffy could take him tho. Luffy is all about the up close fighting and physical beatdowns. And seeing as the only way Teach can take on a DF user is up close, he would have to take a serious ass kicking. That would be a helluva fight to watch. I don't think Ace stood a chance against him because he got so used to using his DF fire element to fight, he just didn't have the endurance to take a hit anymore nor the physical blows required to damage Teach. But you have to remember, even with Shank's power, Teach was able to wound him. I'm sure Shanks would like a chance to even the scales, but just the fact that he was able to catch someone like Shanks off guard and obviously be able to walk away means Teach must have been a bad ass all along if he was able to do that before or after getting a DF power.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hmmm ... I'm gonna re-watch a few episodes on Blackbeard to get back on this. My problem is that I started to read the manga since Thriller Bark began, which means that all or any mentions of Blackbeard before that've been expressly discussed differently in the manga than in the anime, I'd miss out on.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Sign in to follow this