DeathscytheX

G.i. Joe

Here's some news clips for the Movie:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41434

News

Quaid, Vosloo Board G.I. Joe

Source: Variety, IESB.net

January 29, 2008

Dennis Quaid and Arnold Vosloo have joined director Stephen Sommers' G.I. Joe cast, according to Variety and IESB.net.

Quaid will play General Hawk, the grizzled team leader, and Arnold Vosloo will play Zartan, a mercenary who works with Destro and Cobra. The action-adventure, coming to theaters on August 7, 2009, is scheduled to shoot next month in Los Angeles.

The two join the previously-announced Channing Tatum (Duke), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Rex), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Sienna Miller (The Baroness), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker) and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) in the live-action feature.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4210&Itemid=99

IESB Exclusive: G.I. Joe's DESTRO Unmasked!

The villains are now complete…yesterday we brought you the news that Arnold "The Mummy" Vosloo would portray Zartan in the new G.I. Joe film and now we've got DESTRO!

Everyone knows Destro, even if you don't know the comics very well you must know the animated series theme song "…fighting Cobra and Destro, G.I. Joe!" The question is, who will bring this madman to life in Stephen Sommers' big screen adaptation of the Real American Hero? Well, the IESB has got your answer…Destro has been cast, it's David Murray.

David Murray, mainly an actor of theatre, has been described as a cross between Alan Rickman and Clive Owen. A strong, good-looking dark haired actor, it is said he can pull off the "aristocratic snob" perfectly.

And although Destro had a minor role in the original animated "G.I. Joe: The Movie," he is the main baddie this time around.

In the comics and the animated series, Destro’s full name is James McCullen Destro XXIV, and is Laird of Castle Destro in the Scottish Highlands.

He is currently the head of M.A.R.S. (Military Armament Research Syndicate) and wears a mask forged from Beryllium Steel.

His sense of honor, calm and cool demeanor and love for the Baroness character are his key traits. As a businessman, Destro is cutthroat and unyielding. He uses his own troops, the Iron Grenadiers, and hires

mercenaries to stir up conflict in dangerous regions, then sells weapons to those armies. Continuing a tradition started by the first masked Destro, he will even sell to both sides of the same war.

On the back of all your action figures at home, Destro is described by Hasbro as,

DESTRO is the faceless power behind Military Armaments Research System, the largest manufacturer of state-of-the-art weaponry. To DESTRO, war is man's most natural state: the fittest survive and the greatest technological advances are made. He maintains a luxurious lifestyle around the world. DESTRO provides high-tech arms to any side able to meet his price and will incite war where it does not exist. He dons his silver battle mask (a family tradition) and enters battle himself, either with COBRA Command (DESTRO is their major weapons supplier) or against them if it's better for business. DESTRO respects the G.I. JOE team for their combat skills and expertise, but abhors them for wasting such skills to maintain peace. He's totally dedicated to seeing them undermined, subverted, or destroyed!

David Murray has performed in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Berlin, London, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Edinburgh, Strasbourg and all over Ireland in theatre, music and films such as Veronic Guerin, Hunted, Out of Season, The Prisoner, Flick, The Cassidys. and Cowboys & Angels and had a bit part in Batman Begins as the "Jumpy Thug".

For the theatre he has appeared in Dream, Macbeth, South Pacific, Riders to the Sea, The Plough and the Stars, Romeo and Juliet, A Slice of Saturday Night, The Forbidden Planet, Exiles, The Ginger Man, The Importance of Being Earnest and The Cherry Orchard.

David Murray joins Dennis Quaid (Hawk), Arnold Vosloo (Zartan), Channing Tatum (Duke), Sienna Miller (The Baroness), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Rex) and Byung-hun Lee (Storm Shadow) in the live action G.I Joe directed by Stephen Sommers set to be released August 7, 2009.

destro_murray.jpg

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Do you think he'll shave his head and put on silver face paint, or will he have a mask that he takes off repeatedly to show his face (much like topher grace in spiderman 3), or maybe.. just maybe.. this guy will stick to the character...

*has extremely high hopes and will bash this movie if anything is slacking*

X'D

Heres a pic of the baroness to be playing opposite Destro:

sienna-miller-picture-6.jpg

I don't recall ever seeing either of these two act before. O_O

*edit*

heres a link for the actor playing Duke:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11997.html

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Do you think he'll shave his head and put on silver face paint, or will he have a mask that he takes off repeatedly to show his face (much like topher grace in spiderman 3), or maybe.. just maybe.. this guy will stick to the character...

*has extremely high hopes and will bash this movie if anything is slacking*

X'D

One site made the comment that they hoped they didnt go the Street Fighter route with apperance. X'D they even put this pic!

streetfighter.jpg

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Oh god no! All those costumes looked perfectly cleaned, starched and pressed.

Even with the horrible plot and acting of that movie, if Ryu or Chun-Li looked anything like these two pictures.. actors and costumes combined, that movie could have awesome. or at least good enough for everyone to say, "that movie sucked ass, but damn did they nail the look of the characters!" :P

Streetfighter4.jpg

Chun-Li_%28CvS%29.jpg

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I noticed.....

amazing cuz I was still blinded by that ugly dress 2 posts above :meh:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Women are hot, with or without dresses. I rest my case, ofcorpse there are many exceptions to that statement : p

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Baroness, Mistress of Seduction! I had a crush on her ... wished she'd come on the show more often. She didn't have thhhhhhhhhhhhat much of manly features .. ne?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.