Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Official Star Trek Teaser!

Very nice. I just have this feeling that they're going to remake star trek in order to give it not just a new look, but a new feel. The main popular space sci-fi series out right now are Battlestar Galactica and Stargate Atlantis. IMO, BSG should not even be mentioned in the same sentence with such a second rate production as Stargate Atlantis, but for popularity sake they both have quite large fanbases. Startrek looks to re-invent itself from the roots much like BSG did compared to the old BSG series. So to me, I'm expecting alot of Star Trek similarity to the old series and movies, but with completely different plotlines, character depth, etc. I'm hoping it won't disappoint or degrade the original series like the X-Men movies did to their original roots (at least for me). (leather outfits, rogue is some fugly kid and not a super hottie that flies, cyclops and professor X dies, phoenix plot destroyed, wtf.)

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I trust in JJ Abrams, Hes done some fantastic work. Star Trek has really hit rock bottom since Gene Roddenberry passed away. I think they picked the right guy to do it. TNG really got robbed of its big screen glory because of it. I think he is doing the right thing by completely shutting everyone out of what he is doing. Its very tight lid, the Teaser blew me away because I didn't even know what it was until the final pan up of the Enterprise.

Spock

http://comingsoon.net/nextraimages/spockstartrek.jpg

there was a blurry Kirk picture but I cant find it now.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'll tell ya though, it does bother me that they're getting a new cast to play old characters. I just can't see anyone else filling those shoes because a large part of Kirk and Spock and McCoy's personalites was provided by the actors. To me, they just won't be the same. And I'm really REALLY hoping they don't change the Enterprise's design!

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/13544.html

EW Has First Look at New 'Trek'

Youth Is Served in Abrams' Version

Published: 10/17/2008 03:06pm

13544EWCover1024MD.jpg

Entertainment Weekly has provided the first extensive look at J.J. Abrams’ new Star Trek film, which Paramount hopes will reboot the nearly moribund franchise. Abrams is planning to accomplish this feat with an energetic young cast and a full on embrace of the Star Trek franchise’s inherent optimism. Abrams told EW: ''I think a movie that shows people of various races working together and surviving hundreds of years from now is not a bad message to put out right now.'' Abrams noted that in the face of the brooding cynical blockbuster of 2008, The Dark Knight, what he wanted to accomplish with Star Trek in the summer of 2009 was “to make optimism cool again.” EW points out that Abrams gave Randy Pausch, the recently deceased author of the inspirational tome, The Last Lecture and an avowed Star Trek fan, a cameo in the new film.

The new Star Trek film was supposed to open this holiday season, but a lack of summer blockbusters in 2009 resulting from the protracted writers’ strike, presented an opportunity for the new Star Trek movie that Paramount could simply not pass up. With the dearth of big budget competition in 2009, the new Trek film has a chance to attain true blockbuster status and rescue the Star Trek movie franchise that has been going down hill since The Wrath of Khan.

13544full-cast-in-character_lMD.jpg

But to affect that sort of a rescue, audiences will have to accept the youthful cast that Abrams has chosen starting with fresh faced Chris Pine as Captain Kirk and Zachary Quinto as Spock, and also embrace Abrams’ sophisticated time-traveling plot. But the film has a fighting chance, not the least because of the approach that Abrams is taking: ''We weren't making a movie for fans of Star Trek,'' Abrams told EW. ''We were making a movie for fans of movies.''

Kirk and Spock look like they just came out of highschool. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg