Sign in to follow this  
Gundam-Ranger-X

Cloverfield

Just got back from seeing it. It's an okay movie and definatly warants going to see. Be forewarned though: if you get motion sick or have a weak stomach, avoid this movie. It was filmed using shaky-cam, similar to The Blair Witch Project, and as a result, your view is bounced around alot.

I don't have many gripes about the movie itself. It's slow to start but once the action gets going it goes good. I also would have liked if they gave us any information about the creature like: What is it? Where did it come from? What happens after?

As I said: It's an overall good movie and, if motion sickness isn't an issue, I recomend anyone to see it at least once.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

I saw it yesterday, but was too lazy to talk about it then. Definitely a good movie & deserves at least one full watch from start to the end of the credits.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I also would have liked if they gave us any information about the creature like: What is it? Where did it come from? What happens after?

hmm... I can understand leaving mystery in a movie like open-ended questions like that, but for a movie like this I'd assume something like that would be revealed.. :|

Do they fully show the monster at least? or is it a bunch of glimpses of it and destruction?

How powerful is the monster compared to Godzilla? :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

You do get to see it fully in a few parts, eventualy. But for the most part, especialy at the start, you see things like a foot, a head, tail, back... The movie is fully filmed from first person PoV of one of the characters who was 'filming' his friends going away party.

As for how powerful it is, it's hard to say. Japanese Godzilla would probably kick it's ass cause, well c'mon, it's Godzilla. The American one however, I think it would beat... mostly because the American Godzilla is a p***y.

Life tastes like kittens. I like kittens!

As for how powerful it is, it's hard to say. Japanese Godzilla would probably kick it's ass cause, well c'mon, it's Godzilla. The American one however, I think it would beat... mostly because the American Godzilla is a p***y.
I'd say the vice versa of that... Then again I don't see the big deal about the Original Japanese Godzilla...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

hmm... I can understand leaving mystery in a movie like open-ended questions like that, but for a movie like this I'd assume something like that would be revealed.. :|

The movie is not really supposed to be taken as a movie per say. It's a video left behind as a hint in clover field to what happened. Thats why its so short also. So detailed info like what we all want probably wasn't much of a priority by the movie makers. They wanted to focus more of the realistic aspect of what it would be like if you where really at a party and some crazy ass monster showed up and started to destroy the city. lol I'm pretty sure I wouldn't run up to it and start trying to figure out its measurements or ask the nearest RPG firing military guy what it is or where it came from :P.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

It basically does an outstanding job of realistically portraying what people would really do if such an outrageous thing happened. No over dramatization, and no secret military weapons to bust out on the monster. The movie focuses more on a group of friends and their experience rather than the monster attacking the city.

I thought it was a solid production. JJ Abrams does top notch work and this was no exception.

btw, It shows you were the creature came from... you just had to catch it in the brief moment it was visually explained...

At the end when the final clip of Rob and Beth play at Coney Island, While the camera is pointed out to the ocean an meteor-like object splashes into the ocean. In other words, one of Hud's guesses was right, it was from space.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I had i dream I was in that movie...but I hadn't seen it, only trailers. It was a freaky dream because I knew everything that was going to happen--but only what I saw in the trailers AND I was filming everything. I feel so connected to this movie that I have to see it now.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

I just saw it and.....I can't believe they pulled her out of that apartment!! I was really glad that wasn't shown on tape.

But what happened to the other girl that got the scratches from the spider thingy? It seemed to me like she just kind of.....fell apart (literally).

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

I just saw it and.....I can't believe they pulled her out of that apartment!! I was really glad that wasn't shown on tape.

But what happened to the other girl that got the scratches from the spider thingy? It seemed to me like she just kind of.....fell apart (literally).

I think her torso just exploded and ended up like that soldier that was being wheeled by on the stretcher when they first arrived into the makeshift HQ.

Yeah that the lifting her off the impalement made me cringe. X_X

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

My favorite thing about this movie is that it didn't try to explain what the monster was. I loved that you only saw that the little camera filmed. I thought that made the story way more interesting. To be honest, I wouldn't have been interested in seeing it if it had been filmed like a "normal" movie.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.

I think it's preolly gone from the theaters here, so I'll have to wait for it when the dvd comes out, like I had to do for Beowulf.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Wow, this movie was good! I was half expecting something done half assed like Blair Witch Project, but damn! This movie was actually made good with a first person perspective. O_O

The little alien monsters in the subway attack was awesome. I loved the use of the night vision for that.

:tup:

I think it was waaay too over-rated ...

The plot at the start is just wasting time really, and then the monster attacks, and then you have stupid unreal things happening in a real movie show setting like the girl's pierced with a rod in her chest (easily could've punctured her lungs, broken her ribs, etc) and she's running around like nothing happened, the whole scene where they're crossing over the 2 buildings is just plain stupid and whatever happened to a thing called 'BREEZE' X'D ... plus the hugeass monster's coming their way while they were trying to go back and with it's big steps there was absolutely no vibration (if I remember right) ... the smaller ones in the subway were cool, the end was predictable and the part where the camera guy finally gets killed was a little cheesy. That among many other things hahahahaha X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I think it was waaay too over-rated ...

The plot at the start is just wasting time really, and then the monster attacks, and then you have stupid unreal things happening in a real movie show setting like the girl's pierced with a rod in her chest (easily could've punctured her lungs, broken her ribs, etc) and she's running around like nothing happened, the whole scene where they're crossing over the 2 buildings is just plain stupid and whatever happened to a thing called 'BREEZE' X'D ... plus the hugeass monster's coming their way while they were trying to go back and with it's big steps there was absolutely no vibration (if I remember right) ... the smaller ones in the subway were cool, the end was predictable and the part where the camera guy finally gets killed was a little cheesy. That among many other things hahahahaha X'D

lol. I expected this movie to be crap before I watched it, which is probably why it impressed me. X'D

Them going after Beth was suicidal. And her being stuck on a rod thru the chest, she should have bled to death before they got there. And yeah, after they pulled her off she had no problem running around? Maybe it was the adrenaline rush of seeing some fifty foot tall monster that gave her renewed energy. X'D