Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Late Shows - Writers = Sucks

Has anyone else watched the Late Show or any of the late shows now that they went back on tv during the writer's strike? Leno's monologue isn't nearly that funny and nobody has any guests. He's had Arsenio Hall on twice in one week, other talk show hosts with no guests of their own, and some politicians or news reporters. weak. I don't watch Letterman, so I don't know how well he is making out seeing as they reached some sort of agreement with the writer's union.. but for Leno.. hell, he had protesters shouting during his show the other night that pretty much forced him to have to take an early commercial break. Anyone else watching the late shows?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I have respect for Leno because he paid his staff out of his own pocket. The Writers Guild should be be given shovels to dig a trench so they can all be machine gunned into it.

Striking is one thing, but sabotaging the man's show and calling on others to do so is sick. Whether his show is bad or good without them, He did what no other host did... used his own money so his staff could have a Christmas. TV was crap with the writers guild, There won't be much difference without them. There is at least 5 years of movie scripts left for Hollywood, and countless others that may have never been considered before. This is a battle that is going to be hard for them to win. 5 years is a long time to go without a paycheck. People are finding other ways to make TV without them. Sooner or later they may come to the realization they don't need the Guild anymore. I hope they do.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

What I don't get is why Leno has to mention the writers strike in every episode. We all know about it, so why keep brining it up? Its like he has to because the guest limitation problem. When the second half of the show starts, its like he has to apologize to everyone. I can only guess those strikers have a huge picket line right outside the studio's entrance.

What I don't get is why Leno has to mention the writers strike in every episode. We all know about it, so why keep brining it up? Its like he has to because the guest limitation problem. When the second half of the show starts, its like he has to apologize to everyone. I can only guess those strikers have a huge picket line right outside the studio's entrance.
They basically make those same statements on A Daily Show With Jon Stewart & A Colbert Report.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

A clever media tactic to put all the heat on the guild. People are stupid, and they will believe anything on TV. The Guild is a bunch of writers... they don't have access to be on TV like the people they were working for do so naturally the public image disadvantage goes to the guild.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

yeah, the Comedy Central shows seem to be doing great without guild writers...

mimiruzr2.jpg

I'm called a hypocrite for listening to rap, liking stem cell research, having long hair, and speaking my mind and I registered Republican.

Gamertag: FORDno50

yeah, the Comedy Central shows seem to be doing great without guild writers...
Probably proof that it isn't that hard to make fun of politicians.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11976.html

Marvel Studios has reached an interim agreement with the Writers Guild, ending the strike as it applies to productions of the studio, according to Reuters. The deal follows other WGA deals cut with Dave Letterman's Worldwide Pants, the Weinstein Company, and United Artists; a deal with Lions Gate was also announced today, along with deals with several other companies.

Interesting. Looks like deals are starting to finally happen.

Leno and all of the other talk show hosts (except Carson) mention the writer's strike in every episode out of support for the WGA. They also do it to kill time. I still watch Conan, writers or not.

The writers really aren't asking for too much, I hope they strike a deal soon.

Mayor Quimby: I'll admit I used the city treasury to fund the murder of my enemies, but as Gabbo would say, I'm a bad wittle boy.