Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

Upcoming movies in 2008

Yep, I'm a movie whore ... and off late I've been catching up on some that I missed out on in '07, etc.

I've been making a list of upcoming movies for this year, so here goes ...

The Dark Knight

Indian Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

Bond 22

X Files Sequel

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

The Orphanage

Star Trek XI

Tropical Thunder - Stiller, Black Jack and Downey JR supposed to be a funny war movie ...

Mamma Mia - Pierce Brosnan and Meryl Streep

Revolutionary Road - Caprio and Winslet reunion

Harold & Kumar

Eagle Eye

The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - Pitt and Blanchett where the man ages backwards!

Yes Man - Carrey comedy

Nim's Island - Jodie Foster and Abigail Breslin

Cloverfield - monsteration

Hellboy II

Burn After Reading - Pitt and Clooney

The Love Guru - Mike Myers, Jessica Alba comedy

Wall-E!

The Incredible Hulk

Wanted - James McAvoy and Angelina Jolie

Get Smart - Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway

The Pineapple Express - Seth Rogen comedy

The Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Hancock - Will Smith and Charlize Theron

Speed Racer

Iron Man

Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

Ridley Scott working with Caprio on a project unscripted as yet ... not sure if it'll make it out this year.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Movies List so far that I might see this year

1. Cloverfield
  2. Rambo
  3. Meet The Spartans (I know it's going to suck)
  4. Strange Wilderness
  5. Postal (It's going to suck)
  6. Iron Man
  7. Speed Racer
  8. Indian Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
  9. Incredible Hulk
  10. Get Smart
  11. Hellboy 2: The Golden Army
  12. The Dark Knight
  13. The Punisher: War Zone
  14. Death Race (Though I'm creeped out by the word NASCAR)
  15. Hellraiser
  16. The Wolf Man

Movies I saw last year

1. Primeval (Saw it for the Gore.)
  2. Smokin' Aces (Worst Plot Twist Ever.)
  3. Epic Movie (Kinda Funny, but it sucked.)
  4. Ghost Rider (It was OK.)
  5. The Number 23 (I thought it was good.)
  6. Wild Hogs (It was OK.)
  7. 300 (Good or Great?)
  8. TMNT (OK)
  9. Live Free Or Die Hard (Good)
  10. Grindhouse (I overall liked it.)
  11. Hot Fuzz (Great Comedy)
  12. The Condemned (OK)
  13. Spider-Man 3 (OK, but Worst Of The 3.)
  14. Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (OK, but could've skipped.)
  15. Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer (Less than OK.)
  16. Transformers (Good, but wanted more Villains to talk.)
  17. The Simpsons Movie (Good, but agree with Homer at beginning.)
  18. Rush Hour 3 (OK)
  19. War (OK)
  20. Balls Of Fury (Not Balls to the wall.)
  21. Shoot 'Em Up (@.@ Greatest, Movie, Of, The, Year!)
  22. Dragon Wars (X_X WORST movie of the year.)
  23. Resident Evil 3 (It sucked, but I didn't expect anything better.)
  24. 30 Days Of Night (Good!)
  25. Beowulf (Good Enough... Short.)
  26. The Mist (Good)
  27. Hitman (Better than OK I thought.)
  28. I Am Legend (Great Movie!)
  29. AVPR (GOREY!... WITH GORE INUENDO!)

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Iron Man looks like it'll be a good movie and I'm interested in the new Indiana Jones movie, but I doubt it'll have many good action scenes considering all the main actors are so old. O_O Prove me wrong Harrison Ford, prove me wrong.

I doubt I'll rush out to see the DBZ movie, but I do want to see it. X'D The new Rambo looks action packed, I don't know about its plot tho.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

C'MON!! LOL The only reason to go see DBZ is to enjoy how insanely cheesy it will be and how screwed up the and compressed the whole thing will be if it even remotely sticks to a familiar storyline. X'D

Its that type of movie that you know it will suck so bad, but you gotta see it anyways.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

C'MON!! LOL The only reason to go see DBZ is to enjoy how insanely cheesy it will be and how screwed up the and compressed the whole thing will be if it even remotely sticks to a familiar storyline. X'D

Its that type of movie that you know it will suck so bad, but you gotta see it anyways.

lol, those types of movies I tend to wait till they hit DVD before I watch them. The DB movie might be the exception though.....all depends on the trailers. If it looks as bad as The Convent then I'll probably wait. If I see some action packed Son Goku flying nimbus or using his extendo poll then maybe, just maybe I'll go see it.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I think the producers and movie makers for that film are busy reading what us forum guys/ other bloggers are hinting at the fact that it'll suck hard, while they really improve it and deliver a knockout X'D! I'm interested in how they'd all look with their armor on and costumes.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Get Smart - I'm of two minds about this one because I grew up watching them as reruns. I just can't see anyone else playing Smart. I really can't. But I'm willing to give it a try.

Star Trek - If this is the one where they recast the originals, NOT going to go see it. I'm sorry, Paramount. You've basicly lost me as a ST fan now. I still enjoy the original books and I still enjoy TNG reruns, but lets face it, you haven't come up with any good ST series since Gene Roddenberry died. Not that I really liked anything after TNG, but there were good moments.

The Dark Knight - Batman can move his head without having to turn his whole body! XD Plus, Christopher Bale makes an excellent Batman. Looking forward to this one.

Indiana Jones - I'm dorkily excited about this one. Hopefully, it won't be an Indiana-hands-the-reins-to-next-generation movie. Will NOT be happy with that. ><

The Mummy - They're making another Mummy movie? Oh gawd, PLEASE don't let them ruin any more characters from the original one!! I mean, the whole setup with couple that likes adventure and archeology is good because I love Brendon Fraiser. But I liked Imohteph too, and I hated what they did to him in the second one.

Prince Caspian - FOR. THE. WIN. Totally going to see that one!!

Incredible Hulk - Didn't they already screw that one up? *dies*

Harry Potter - Naturally. I mean, I know what happens, but I gotta see it. XD

DBZ - It's going to suck, but how can I resist? I'm hoping it'll be SoaP sukky, because that was at least fun to watch. XD

Speed Racer - I probally won't be able to resist this one. XD

Nothing else on that list is familar except Iron Man, which I'm 'eh' about, and the X-files sequal. Didn't Duchoveny already say he's never doing Mulder again? WTF?

and was Hellraiser the slasher with Pinhead? If so, I wanna see the remake because the original was hilarious to me. All those slasher movies from the 80's are hilarious to me, but Hellraiser 2 was actually my favorite because the ending was just so weird. XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Indiana Jones - I'm dorkily excited about this one. Hopefully, it won't be an Indiana-hands-the-reins-to-next-generation movie. Will NOT be happy with that. ><

If George Lucas had any say in this film then I have a feeling this is going to be the movie that kills Indiana Jones as a franchise. Having Shia Labeouf does not help matters eithor. But hopefully Steven Spielberg kept it all good.

11548.jpg

The Mummy - They're making another Mummy movie? Oh gawd, PLEASE don't let them ruin any more characters from the original one!! I mean, the whole setup with couple that likes adventure and archeology is good because I love Brendon Fraiser. But I liked Imohteph too, and I hated what they did to him in the second one.

The women that played Brendan Fraser's wife has been replaced by some other women.

Prince Caspian - FOR. THE. WIN. Totally going to see that one!!

Agreed, this movie is gonna kick ass.

@Vincent - what line lol you're probably gonna be the only one getting tickets in advance XD.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^