Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Metal Gear Solid 2 (spoilers)

The overall gameplay of MGS2 was amazing, the controls were great, the guns, interactive environment, enemies, it was all great. But honestly, I couldn't stand the plot. The constant nagging of Rose about your relationship every single f*cking time you saved was so damn annoying I wanted to shoot her. The more and more I played it the more the game felt like a rip/remake of the first game and in the end that was the goal... to make the ultimate simulation/recreation of the first game. wtf. And everytime Snake talked in the last 1/4 of the game he pretty much repeated the same spiel again and again. In the end it felt like I was listening to someone's college report covering no central topic and hitting every subject from psychology, humanitarianism, conspiracies, censorship, manipulating free will, and some AI and/or alien group thats been in existence since the country was born running things behind the shadows? and after about an hour of that you now have to fight the last boss using only a sword you've had for five minutes while all of NY city goes about its usual day to day grind even tho a massive ship crashed next to city hall or something like that. And then just to try to confuse you more if you watch all the credits they inform you that all the patriots have been dead for 100 years and any information on them is pretty much irrelevant anyway?

Anyway, did anyone like the way the game ended?

and why the fuck was Olga the ninja!?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I never ever played MGS2, but everything I know about it was either on G4 or parodied on Newgrounds. Yeah, I gotta agree the plot to MGS2 makes no damn sense. It's like they stole a Sci-Fi Channel "original movie" & added Raiden.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The game started going downhill for me during the harrier fight. That bridge was loaded with semtex and even tho the detonators were disabled, that harrier blasted the entire bridge with missles multiple times. You would think the semtex would have gone off and blown the whole place sky high. O_O

MGS2 is the worst of the series. Only Slippers would tell you otherwise. :P

The Raiden character as a whole sucked, which is probably why the revamped him to look more bad ass in the upcoming MGS4. MGS3's story is way better and the game as a whole is probably the best. Make sure you get MGS3: Subsistence, because a lot of people found the non-movable camera angle in the original, annoying and impossible.

If you want a recreation of the original that will blow you away, go for MGS: The Twin Snakes for Gamecube. (If you haven't already) Its the Original Metal Gear Solid with Amazing graphics and MGS2 gameplay.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

shit. I have the original MGS3. I got it the year before last as a christmas present but never played it because I never finished MGS2 up until now. Well, I guess I'll let you know how those cameras work out for me once I get into playing it. :P

yeah, Raiden sucked ass. btw, did you laugh when you heard Otocon talking to Emma.."I could never look at you as a woman, you're my stepsister"...."The reason I left was because I was seduced by your mother and my father found out and killed himself" *Otocon crys hysterically*

It was so out of nowhere I started laughing at the soap operaness of it all. X'D

LOL. I didn't have a problem with the MGS3 camera. But a lot of my friends just non-stopped bitched about it.

X'D I forgot all about that part. I only played through MGS2 like 2 1/2 times. The boss battles were way to easy and I just didn't care too much for it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!