Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Black Friday Sales

whoo! I got the 500 GB external hard drive at staples for $80 (after rebate) with free shipping. :D

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=708622

I got the 400GB one for $59.98 (instant savings) at staples.

I tried to get into best buy at 4:00am to pick up a few 100pack dvd+rs for $7 but it was way to packed even though I got there an hour early. So I shot over to staples an hour and a half early and waited in line. Got to meet some interesting people, watched kids play football in the parking lot...lol was fun.

People where nuts when it was time to go in. They where hopping out of cars and cutting people in line it was terrible. We where like pushing them out of the line to get in. Some 78 year old grandma who was in front of me pushed some line cutters out and was like "Get in the back of the line and wait like the rest of us you assholes" it was so funny. That same grandma bitched at a group of Indian people that where grabbing like 10 of everything and pushing people away from the tables. She was like "get the fuck out of my way" So funny. I was lucky enough to get my HDD. I had to sneak under people to get to the table. Then I grabbed a few and gave them to the people that where waiting for them behind me and ran.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I was out to a couple of stores by 4am. I was able to get in and out very easily. Though that is mostly due to me wanting smaller items while others jumped in front of each others to get the expensive big items.

I won't go near Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples for anything. And just forget about Toys R' Us. If you are lucky to get the item you want you have to wait in line for hours. Nothing is that important at a toy store!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When aren't they? As they said GG you aren't missing anything unless you're a masochist and love seeing people at their worst.

Never went out during Black Friday. Much like DX I'd probably be arrested for assault or worse. Never thought the sales were that good.

haha I go just to see that. Next year I think I'm gonna bring a shield to plow people out of the way.

sig.php

Wow, that crazybusy? 0_o ... In that case hmmm ...

I wonder whether the hotties would notice me groping them randomly whilst they're busy trying to pick something off quickly on the shelf ... X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I got the 400GB one for $59.98 (instant savings) at staples.

The $59 WD sata HDD? That was a damn good deal too. Just like the external one I got it has an 'easy rebate' also. I dunno if you've used easy rebates before or not, but if it was any other store/rebate I wouldn't have bought it, but staples easy rebates can be submitted online and you usually get a check in the mail within 2-3 weeks. Very efficient rebate setup they have at staples. ^_^

I tried to get into best buy at 4:00am to pick up a few 100pack dvd+rs for $7 but it was way to packed even though I got there an hour early. So I shot over to staples an hour and a half early and waited in line. Got to meet some interesting people, watched kids play football in the parking lot...lol was fun.

People where nuts when it was time to go in. They where hopping out of cars and cutting people in line it was terrible. We where like pushing them out of the line to get in. Some 78 year old grandma who was in front of me pushed some line cutters out and was like "Get in the back of the line and wait like the rest of us you assholes" it was so funny. That same grandma bitched at a group of Indian people that where grabbing like 10 of everything and pushing people away from the tables. She was like "get the fuck out of my way" So funny. I was lucky enough to get my HDD. I had to sneak under people to get to the table. Then I grabbed a few and gave them to the people that where waiting for them behind me and ran.

That reminds me of a BF sale at a compusa almost 8 years ago. That store brought it on themselves tho, they opened the exit doors and the main doors at the same time. That poor employee that unlocked the exit doors tripped the auto door opener because he was standing right there, so everyone in the middle of the line saw a quick way to get in the store and they bum rushed the poor bastard and broke the exit doors. People were pissed because the damn exit doors flung open about 20 seconds before the main doors and of course I missed out on the one thing I was waiting 2 hours for. -_- Ever since then I said f*ck it an I only do my BF shopping online. From what you experience it seems like things have only gotten worse over the years. :P

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The $59 WD sata HDD? That was a damn good deal too. Just like the external one I got it has an 'easy rebate' also. I dunno if you've used easy rebates before or not, but if it was any other store/rebate I wouldn't have bought it, but staples easy rebates can be submitted online and you usually get a check in the mail within 2-3 weeks. Very efficient rebate setup they have at staples. ^_^

Yes there was actually two rebates on it. One was instant savings so instead of the HDD being $160 or something, it ended up being $89. The second is a mail in rebate for $30 but that can be done on the web site (like you already said). I did it as soon as I got home since it says it may take anywhere from 6-8 weeks :(. So in the end the HDD will cost just $59.

That reminds me of a BF sale at a compusa almost 8 years ago. That store brought it on themselves tho, they opened the exit doors and the main doors at the same time. That poor employee that unlocked the exit doors tripped the auto door opener because he was standing right there, so everyone in the middle of the line saw a quick way to get in the store and they bum rushed the poor bastard and broke the exit doors. People were pissed because the damn exit doors flung open about 20 seconds before the main doors and of course I missed out on the one thing I was waiting 2 hours for. -_- Ever since then I said f*ck it an I only do my BF shopping online. From what you experience it seems like things have only gotten worse over the years. :P

haha thats gotta suck allot. Ya it's really nuts still. People are rude but it's probably the only time in the year where you can let loose and push people without feeling the full reproductions you normally would. Thats why I normally try and go with friends or get to know people in the line next to me. When you do that, it makes it easier to "team up" and get what you need. It also makes it much funner.

sig.php

whoo! I got the 500 GB external hard drive at staples for $80 (after rebate) with free shipping. :D

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=708622

I finally received my rebate two days ago. Took forever. I can only guess a crapload of people sent in black friday rebates for it to have taken this long.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I just sent in the mail in rebate for my cellphone ... hopefully it should come back in 3 weeks *crosses fingers*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.