Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Ghost Hunters Live Halloween special

Okay, I don't know if this is a dumb question, but will Ghost Hunters actually be on Sci Fi for six hours straight? Or is it just for one hour like usual? I didn't get to see last year's so I'm not sure what to expect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will be out trick or treating with my angel face. She is dressing up as a pink Carebear (cheer bear). I will have to post pics. TOO CUTE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Okay, I don't know if this is a dumb question, but will Ghost Hunters actually be on Sci Fi for six hours straight? Or is it just for one hour like usual? I didn't get to see last year's so I'm not sure what to expect.

yep. 9pm to 3am. I missed last years, but I caught about 3 or so hours of the "Most Haunted" live episode (they have a once a year 6 hour live special on the travel channel). That show is like a bbc version of Ghost Hunters, but horrible in comparison.

Btw, the ghost hunters will have their cameras set up to feed live footage nonstop on the scifi website. I'll probably be online most of that night staring back and forth at the tv and the monitor until I feel like falling asleep. ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

towards the end of the broadcast the wrestler guy had a freak out. he jumped and ran away screaming. Way funny shit

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I feel asleep for a while. The wrestler guy freaking out at the end was funny. But all in all the place had a couple moments of activity. Its a shame they couldn't see that ball move to begin with. Hopefully they'll get some good evps on the reveal episode.

btw, they're constant background music/sound effects annoyed the living hell out of me. Being a live episode I was expecting it to be f*cking quiet so the viewer themselves could try to hear any kind of noises that might have happened. There were at least 2 or 3 times where they said something like "Did you hear that.. yeah its like a something something noise" and as they are standing there straining to hear it all I can hear is this f*cking annoying heartbeat background noise and sound effect noises.

and the website just had a single live feed going to it, it was pointless to watch. I do remember the "Most Haunted" live special did show 4 live feeds from their cameras at all times. I doubt anything was shown on any of those cameras but at least it gave you more to check out.

It was still entertaining in the end, but it could have been better... especially the camera angles. It would have been nice to have the camera pointed occasionally in the direction the team members were actually looking at so you'd feel like you were there, but at the same time I can understand that they wouldn't want to broadcast a black screen for any length of time. heh, imagine watching a black screen with just the sound effects playing, after about 5 minutes I would have changed the channel. :\ I don't think I'll go out of my way to watch it next time. I'm definitely looking forward to the next episode tho. ^_^

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Those girls were annoying. Jabbering and gossiping the whole time. I've never seen an episode where their participation was effective. The irony of them telling the Pat contestant that he talked too much made me laugh.

The contestants felt more like fans of the show who didn't put any effort into the research. I vote to not add any of them.

I rewound the tape several times and didn't catch anything the panic alerts posted on tv were talking about. I bet 99% of the panic buttons were idiots who spotted dust particles or graffiti. One of the panic buttons on tv were regarding the heart beat noises they probably heard from the music playing.

I was disappointed that the Destination: Truth host didn't participate in the ghost hunt himself. I was eager to see him in action.

I'm half interested in the Ghost Hunters: International. All the worst investigators are in it: Andrew, Brian, and Donna. As a research Donna is decent, but I didn't like her investigation techniques.

I'm eager to see the reveal. I'd like to see if they caught what knocked the one camera over; it was probably a bird. I could go on, but I'll leave on this note: "Run Elijah, run!"

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.