Sign in to follow this  
Vincent

Wild Fires Ravage Southern California

California has evacuated a quarter of a million people as fierce winds fan wildfires in the Los Angeles region, stretching south to the Mexican border. At least one person has died and thousands of homes are at risk in seven counties, where fires have scorched some 240,000 acres (97,000 hectares).

Firefighters warn that the fires, which are being fanned by hot winds, will get worse in the days ahead.

Hotter temperatures and high winds are forecast for Tuesday.

At least 655 homes have been destroyed, including at least 133 homes in one mountain resort community. Thousands more homes are threatened across the region.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7055721.stm

So I'm real worried cuz I know lots of people in and around these areas, although none of them are forced to evacuate they say they can see the flames from where they live. The sky, since Sunday, has been all shades of grey, brown, and red. It smells of smoke everywhere you go and everything has a light dusting of dirt and ash. It's real hell on my sinuses. I was just reading Lady's post on fucked up weather. They say this mostly because of our record-summer heat that dried everything into kindle. There's at least 12 separate fires going on but also a lot of fear that some will join up and become too big to handle.

But can you save me? From the ranks of the freaks who could never love anyone...

Be safe and we'll keep you and your friends in our prayers.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Sign in to follow this