Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Trash hauler unveils greener garbage goal

HOUSTON - Waste Management Inc., the nation's largest garbage hauler and landfill operator, will spend hundreds of millions of dollars over the next dozen years to make its operations more environmentally friendly, CEO David Steiner announced Thursday.The company plans to increase its energy production from waste, buy more fuel-efficient vehicles and more than double the amount of recyclable material it processes, among other initiatives.

Steiner said the "green" strategy will also boost Waste Management's bottom line. The company reported $13.4 billion in revenue in 2006.

"I don't look at it as how much it's going to cost," said Steiner, stopping short of putting a price tag on the plan. "I look at it as how much it's going to return."

Primarily through burning waste and using methane gas-to-electricity technology Waste Management now creates enough energy to power roughly 1 million homes a year. By 2020, it expects to double that output.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21255085/

"I don't look at it as how much it's going to cost, I look at it as how much it's going to return." Now thats the right way to get things done :)

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Let's cap the chimneys of all houses with a methane energy converter. I could supply enough energy to run my house alone. Just kidding, but funny. If we're going to have a dump, then lets make money off it!

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Let's cap the chimneys of all houses with a methane energy converter. I could supply enough energy to run my house alone. Just kidding, but funny. If we're going to have a dump, then lets make money off it!
Would you call that a cash cow or a trash cow?...

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sign in to follow this