Sign in to follow this  
Ladywriter

Kansas blocks coal plants

TOPEKA, Kan. - A utility company and state lawmakers are vowing to challenge the rejection of a permit for two coal-fired power plants in Kansas where the state's top environmental regulator cited emissions of carbon dioxide.The ruling could have an impact across the country and was hailed as a victory by environmental groups that warn the plants contribute dangerously to global warming.

“As far as I know, this is the first time an air permit for a coal-fired power plant has been denied based on concerns about the impact of carbon dioxide emissions on human health and the environment,” Nick Persampieri, an attorney in Denver for the environmental group Earthjustice, said Friday. “We think it is a big deal.”

The case will be used as a precedent elsewhere, he predicted.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21378777/

good. its about time somebody grew some nads and told these polluters NO!

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Good news for the environment. Bad news for, well bad business. The company that wanted to build the coal plants should be thinking how to help with out causing more problems.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I think renewable energy is the way to go, but I don't know if it's ready to step up completely to the plate in replacement of all our energy needs. If these coal plants were denied, what is going to supply the energy that these plants were going to supply? Hopefully, renewable energy, but I don't want an energy crisis like California had a few years ago.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Sign in to follow this