Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

Nintendo Ruins Holiday Season: Smash Bros. Delayed

well I think the "hardcore" fans should actually be pleased with this, this delay only means that they have more time to work harder on refining the game play to please every, ecspecially the hardcore fans. Would you want an unbalcened mess of a game where it's only fun to play 4 characters out of a huge roster (marvel vs capcom 2 im looking at you...) I don't think so. So everyone hold your horses and wait for your precious party game to arrive. Just save your x-mas card money or something :P

kst.jpg

well I think the "hardcore" fans should actually be pleased with this, this delay only means that they have more time to work harder on refining the game play to please every, ecspecially the hardcore fans. Would you want an unbalcened mess of a game where it's only fun to play 4 characters out of a huge roster (marvel vs capcom 2 im looking at you...) I don't think so. So everyone hold your horses and wait for your precious party game to arrive. Just save your x-mas card money or something :P

Yes the hardcore fans should be pleased to have their games promised on a much earlier date than it really could be completed on... every time.

If they would have originally announced the game to be released in Feb or later, we wouldn't have this problem. For the 3rd or 4th time: Its not about the game being completed in perfect form or being released before its finished. Its about Nintendo setting dates they can never meet... ever.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Yes the hardcore fans should be pleased to have their games promised on a much earlier date than it really could be completed on... every time.

If they would have originally announced the game to be released in Feb or later, we wouldn't have this problem. For the 3rd or 4th time: Its not about the game being completed in perfect form or being released before its finished. Its about Nintendo setting dates they can never meet... ever.

But if you know that Nintendo is bad at setting release dates then why bother listening to these release dates? All you're doing is ruining the actual fun you'll have with the game when its finally released.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sheesh, like anyone should be surprised? Why would Nintendo want to release the sequel to their best selling gamecube game, and one of the top games of all time BEFORE Christmas? I mean, they only would have dominated the holiday season... In fact, why release anything on the intended release date when you can always delay it?!

I stopped listening a long time ago, if you didn't notice the sarcasm in the original post. It doesn't mean its still not stupid. You're in the minority when it comes to not caring about first day of release. Its not very smart of them competitively speaking. The Nintendo 64 was a complete bomb because of delays... everyone got sick of waiting and got a Playstion instead. I guess all those people ruined the fun they would have had by getting a 64, and the developers ruined the fun they would have had making games for the 64 too... everyone should have waited for Dolphin/Ultra/Nintendo 64.

PlayStation had a lot more M Rated games. I remember back when I was subscribed to Nintendo Power that Nintendo liked to dis M rated games & the fans who wanted them. They also liked dis games that were on PlayStation.

But Nintendo lost most games it could have had because it is cheaper to make Game Disc then it is to make Game Cartridges.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

With the newer systems, couldn't it be possible to buy a game like smash bros, and then lets say nintendo makes a patch, then you could download the patch onto the wii's memory card and/or harddrive and everytime you load the game smash bros it could detect the downloaded patch and apply it on the fly while loading the game? Installed PC games have been doing it for years obviously, but I would just assume with every system having online capabilities now, something like that could be done. If it is, then there wouldn't be a need to hold off on releasing a 'perfect game' when they could release the game for christmas, and then release a patch in february...

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

PlayStation had a lot more M Rated games. I remember back when I was subscribed to Nintendo Power that Nintendo liked to dis M rated games & the fans who wanted them. They also liked dis games that were on PlayStation.

But Nintendo lost most games it could have had because it is cheaper to make Game Disc then it is to make Game Cartridges.

Playstation had more games period, because it came out on time. the 64 went through a ridiculous amount of delays, it practically had a new name every 3 months. Sony was a nobody in the gaming world, and thanks to Nintendo's incompetence they handed the market to Sony, who held it for a nice long run until recently. People just got sick of waiting for the 64 and got a PS instead. It wasn't because it had more M rated games, because Nintendo had no next gen games at that time seeing as they had no console to show. Yes the M rated issue played a factor after its release... they couldn't catch up, but the M rated issue took more of a role during the Gamecube era. Nintendo's formating is another issue, not only was the cartridge a problem, but then they decided to be cute with the mini disc's. There's a whole lot of problems with Nintendo, but the main one is there lack of urgency.

I don't see how urgency has ever had anything to do with Nintendo's problems. Every time I have read & heard about Nintendo, urgency was never the problem.

I've not only read it, but I've witnessed it for the past 20 years I've been playing video games. Its why I wasn't surprised when Metroid Prime 3 was delayed, and I'm not surprised when Smash was delayed. You don't see it because like you said, you don't care about when new games come out...

With the newer systems, couldn't it be possible to buy a game like smash bros, and then lets say nintendo makes a patch, then you could download the patch onto the wii's memory card and/or harddrive and everytime you load the game smash bros it could detect the downloaded patch and apply it on the fly while loading the game? Installed PC games have been doing it for years obviously, but I would just assume with every system having online capabilities now, something like that could be done. If it is, then there wouldn't be a need to hold off on releasing a 'perfect game' when they could release the game for christmas, and then release a patch in february...

That would require everyone to have Internet connection (something that the boxes do not state as a "must have"). So the console makers have to assume that not everyone is going to have Internet when they buy their system and games.

In an ideal world everyone would have high speed Internet and the console makers would do what The Phantom system was attempting to do before going under, just eliminate the game cds and allow its users to buy and download the games right from their servers (ie. turn it into a PC for your TV).

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

That would require everyone to have Internet connection (something that the boxes do not state as a "must have"). So the console makers have to assume that not everyone is going to have Internet when they buy their system and games.

In an ideal world everyone would have high speed Internet and the console makers would do what The Phantom system was attempting to do before going under, just eliminate the game cds and allow its users to buy and download the games right from their servers (ie. turn it into a PC for your TV).

Actually, Nintendo promised that the Wii would have an auto-patch system via online, whether it does or not, I don't know. I know it was met with some criticism because the premise was suppose to be that the game was patched without the consent of the gamer. Of course as some of us know, patches aren't always a good thing, and not leaving the option to patch or not to patch, the idea could have been dropped when the system was finalized.

Phantom LOL, I signed up for beta testing on that thing. I thought it turned out to be a big scam, or some college research project to see how many people they could get to sign up? I remember courts getting involved or something.

I've not only read it, but I've witnessed it for the past 20 years I've been playing video games. Its why I wasn't surprised when Metroid Prime 3 was delayed, and I'm not surprised when Smash was delayed. You don't see it because like you said, you don't care about when new games come out...
I've played Nes & PS1. And I've owned a Snes, N64, GBA, & Xbox. My usual problems with Consoles comes from just about everywhere except delays. And my older problems for the most part eventually get solved. And I didn't have any so called problems until N64. During my Snes days I could play just about anything and not care how new it was. I didn't get picky until after playing PS1.

• My 1st so called real problem with Nintendo was when Sin & Punishment was Japan only. But this problem is basically solved. If I want it now I can get it on the Wii's buy channel.
  • My 2nd was when Nintendo advertised Silent Hill for the GBA, but that was later Japan only too. I lost interest in some what 2D games for GBA sometime after I lost Driver for it.
  • My 3rd problem came from Xbox when they canceled TFLO (True Fantasy Live Online). But I got over it eventually when I realised I wasn't able to get Xbox Live for my Xbox.
  • A month or 2 ago I heard Project HAMMER was canned. For a moment shocking. But from what I remember the game play wasn't that impressive.

My point? The game you want isn't being made exclusive to Japan or being canned. You're just making big deals out of a small problems just because they set a release dates? Be happy that the game isn't being canned.

Phantom LOL, I signed up for beta testing on that thing. I thought it turned out to be a big scam, or some college research project to see how many people they could get to sign up? I remember courts getting involved or something.

I was going to say that! I remember signing up for the beta after you sent me the link. I remember reading the company was legit because it was at an E3 or something, but I also remember reading it was all just some big scam before that.

good point tho gokudx7, they do have to assume the general player does not have a connection.

hmm.. but didn't they have some stupid kiosk thing setup for wireless gamebody DS playing at malls? or maybe that kiosk they had in blockbusters back in the day for some pokemon game.. maybe they could have update kiosks for wiis. someone could go to a mall or blockbuster and insert their memory card or memory stick into a wii update kiosk, choose the game they own, download all updates for the game onto their memory card, put the card back into their system and they'll be all set. i think wii memory cards are standard sd memory cards, most computers come with memory card readers that could easily transfer data onto them even... people could even take their card to a library, use their internet connection to jump on a wii update website and get any patches they could need. theres so many options, i wonder if the 3 main consoles will take advantage of something like that.

I remember the old days of my dreamcast, jumping online and downloading halloween and christmas patches for Sonic Adventure. :nod: Hell, if Sega did it back in the dreamcast/ps2 days, I see it as a completely achievable goal with todays systems.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I've played Nes & PS1. And I've owned a Snes, N64, GBA, & Xbox. My usual problems with Consoles comes from just about everywhere except delays. And my older problems for the most part eventually get solved. And I didn't have any so called problems until N64. During my Snes days I could play just about anything and not care how new it was. I didn't get picky until after playing PS1.
  • My 1st so called real problem with Nintendo was when Sin & Punishment was Japan only. But this problem is basically solved. If I want it now I can get it on the Wii's buy channel.
  • My 2nd was when Nintendo advertised Silent Hill for the GBA, but that was later Japan only too. I lost interest in some what 2D games for GBA sometime after I lost Driver for it.
  • My 3rd problem came from Xbox when they canceled TFLO (True Fantasy Live Online). But I got over it eventually when I realised I wasn't able to get Xbox Live for my Xbox.
  • A month or 2 ago I heard Project HAMMER was canned. For a moment shocking. But from what I remember the game play wasn't that impressive.

My point? The game you want isn't being made exclusive to Japan or being canned. You're just making big deals out of a small problems just because they set a release dates? Be happy that the game isn't being canned.

Oh.. excuse me then. What you see to be the problems obviously reflects the entire gaming market. Obscure games that weren't released in the US because they wouldn't sell profitably in the US. None of the real facts, that have been documented time after time by marketing expert analysis matter, only because you have never read about it. faint.gif

Sledge: I believe Valve's Steam is the best example of the auto patch we have right now. Although its not a console, I'm sure the method could easily be applied.

Oh.. excuse me then. What you see to be the problems obviously reflects the entire gaming market. Obscure games that weren't released in the US because they wouldn't sell profitably in the US. None of the real facts, that have been documented time after time by marketing expert analysis matter, only because you have never read about it. faint.gif
I think you're making up facts because I have never seen or heard these facts you write of. Further more this & the site you brought up are the only places where I've seen someone complain about SSB being delayed. I haven't seen complaints about this anywhere on Google news or G4. All you seem to be doing is complain about small problems.

I think you're making up facts because I have never seen or heard these facts you write of. Further more this & the site you brought up are the only places where I've seen someone complain about SSB being delayed. I haven't seen complaints about this anywhere on Google news or G4. All you seem to be doing is complain about small problems.

IGN is one if not the largest gaming site on the entire web. I don't make up facts. I'm not in third grade. If this is the first time you've ever seen IGN, you have no basis to argue anything, Gamepro and Nintendo Power don't cut it. You haven't seen it because you can't find it on G4 and Google News. Those two sources are far too young to even have a database of articles, and G4 is absolute garbage. Just because you haven't read it, doesn't mean it must not be true. You're just one person that seems to stick to a limited amount of information that heavily relies on your own personal favoritism.

You've ran out of things to say, because you cannot credibly dispute what I have had to say. I don't use arguments like "I" or "Me" because my likes and dislikes don't encompass the majority interest of the gaming market. I'm a Playstation person, it isn't number one anymore despite the fact that I like it better than 360 and Nintendo. If you could have seen the past 5 years of this game section of the forum you would have seen a lot more posts by others posting such articles and stating similar things that I have in this topic. I have read a broad variety of sources over the the years... not just 2, in which only one is a half-way gaming media outlet.

You're not following down a smart path accusing me disrespectfully of making shit up. I'd tame that mouth of yours real fast. Consider this topic over, and refrain from further discussions unless you can do so in a civilized manner.