Sign in to follow this  
Dubird

NaNoWriMo

ie, National Novel Writing Month. Basicly, you'll take the time from Nov 1 to Nov 30 and concentrate on writing a novel. The difference is, you focus on quantity, not so much quality. It's an interesting idea, and I decided to give it a shot this year. was just wondering if anyone else has heard about it or was planning on giving it a try. ^_^

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Nope. I don't have enough time to do either. :P

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Ugh, I could never go for it. What's the point of writing something if you can't be proud of it? You may be proud of the achievement of this, but probably not the work itself if you're trying to write so fast. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of writing all about expressing yourself? Forcing yourself to write a bunch of stuff you don't like just for the sake of filling a word count just seems like it goes against what writing is all about.

It's an interesting idea, and I'm sure it's a good way to get yourself noticed as an author. Just my two cents.

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

true, proofing is important....but so many people think that their first draft should be perfect and book-ready that they don't even try....it's not saying that what you come up with will be book-worthy and it will need lots and lots of editing....the point is that you have something to edit....it makes you start writing and keep going, getting your ideas down on paper and working out some things....i'm hoping this will help me out, personally....i've got ideas, just never get around to working them out....now, if i want to succeed in this, i have to work on it....i kinda need that....i know whatever i come up with will needs lots of proofing and editing, but at least it's started....

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

That's a very good point that I never really thought about. See, now that you say that it sounds like it'd be worth doing if I thought that I'd have the time to do it :P

aomsehri \|/

This post is definitely my greatest contribution to the site.

I'm flat linein here. I'm so uninspired and up in the air. Wish I could, doubt I will >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Sign in to follow this