Sign in to follow this  
Pchan

The Mist

they showed sneak peeks of this last night. It looks creeeeeepy.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Those previews I saw during the ghost hunters live episode were great! I'm really looking forward to watching this. The way the novella was wrote and how it ended really gives the movie alot of freedom to make something really good. I just hope they show the legs of one of those huge monsters they come across.. The way it was described in the book it had to be the size of a walking football stadium. O_O

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Those previews I saw during the ghost hunters live episode were great! I'm really looking forward to watching this. The way the novella was wrote and how it ended really gives the movie alot of freedom to make something really good. I just hope they show the legs of one of those huge monsters they come across.. The way it was described in the book it had to be the size of a walking football stadium. O_O
Wait... The whole monster or the legs? Either way those monsters sound like they make King Kong look small.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

In the book, the mist is so thick you can't see that far.. and at one point they see potholes in the ground large enough for cars or buses to fall into, turns out they were foot prints. The monster's walking stride was so huge and long it took a couple minutes for them to see it's back legs landing near them and then realize the sun wasn't being blotted out by a cloud. O_O needless to say it's body was pretty high up, so I can't remember if they were able to see it completely or not in the book.

also, there will be tenticle monsters. X'D

The ending was beyond sad for me. It was gut wrenching. I guess it's because I am a parent, and being faced with an end of the world/ life of death situation like that would just kill me. For those of us who have kids would you want them to suffer, or die while you suffered? I had a major moral issue with this, especially after that bible banging bitch spewed so much from her mouth during the movie. I am not here to go on and on about religion and I respect everyone's opinion, but did have one question on my mind when I left the movie. If that guy had died and got to heaven shortly after his son,(just for the hell of it I'm saying they go to heaven) would god forgive him for the sin of killing, or would he let him slide because he did it so his son did not have to suffer? *shrugs* I dunno. I cried for days after this shit. Hormones n all. LOL.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Hk

I don't know if it will ease yer sorrow or not but....

Everyone (good/evil/mediocre) goes to the same place when we die, the other side/heaven. It is not hell, there is no hell unless you count the time we spend here in human form. Sin is a human word for human morals, it has nothing to do with God. Nor does God need to forgive anyone for anything ever. We are here to learn and experience negative things (by our own choice) because there is no negativity on the other side. You don't need anyone to forgive you for getting an education do you? Same thing with the soul, a human lifetime is just a semester of school to the immortal part of you that is part of God.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I loved the movie, watched the dvd version last night. It's devoid of an actual music theme, but the directing, editing was really good. A much better King movie adaptation, much like 1408. It's got a nice doze of creepiness, and the special effects were just right, the huge monster I wished was a bit bigger, but it was still great to see it for those few seconds! I MUST re-read the book! Where the hell's the time for the things you wanna do these days *cries*

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I just rented it lol, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet though, I'll probably pop it in tonight after my bf gets home from work.

Btw how is everyone lol, sorry it's been so long. My computer had the big one and is now R.I.P so I had to get a new one and that took some time, but anyway. Hiysas!

[sIGPIC]What's wrong, cat eat your tounge?[/sIGPIC]

hey girl! :wave:

We watched this movie a couple nights ago. The production quality of the movie reminded me of the ABC miniseries that King is usually a part of. I'm honestly surprised this movie went out to the theaters and wasn't a scifi channel movie or an ABC special. O_O

The movie did follow the story pretty close, except they gave the religious woman half the dialouge in the ENTIRE movie. x_x Seeing as this was an unfinished short story I was hoping the movie would have had amazing acting or extra plot thrown into it. I wasn't expecting a Shawshank Redemption quality movie, but I was hoping for something new created from the original story. I'm usually all up for movies that are being made about an existing story line to follow the existing story line. Like how the movie Transformers should have been about the original story. But The Mist should have actually been revamped to include a solid plot and more personalized characters.

And the ending pissed me the hell off. Even tho the movie followed most the story pretty accurately, the ending in the movie is where the second half of the movie should have actually started. In the book, they made it to a hotel, and an underground garage with fuel pumps, the mist pretty much envoleped the entire planet and they were going to head to some city they heard briefly on the radio where survivors are gathering.

Watching this movie taught me 2 things. 1.) You should read the book before you go see the movie, because the book ending sounds a hell of a lot better than that BS movie ending. 2.) If your pregnant or you think your pregnant avoid seeing movies where kids get killed or are freakishly evil such as The Mist, 30 days of night, or The exorcist (all of which have given me nightmares.) LMAO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Well, Toutousai...don't you think it's a pity for Tessaiga? All Inuyasha can do is wave about a sword with all his strength...it's the same whether it's a famous sword or a log."

-Sesshoumaru

Evil flesh eating possessed kids = cute X'D. Hmmm imagine some nice juicy intrauterine cannibalism ...

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

wow... ending of pure crap ala Dreamcatcher. *shakes head sadly* Yeah it was dramatic for three seconds and then stupid when the trucks rolled by...

Stephen King's ending was better. It was an ending that's not at the end so its an ending that leaves you with the room to figure out for yourself when it is really over. The mist is everywhere. They're hiding in the dark and hes writing his notes while those things are all over outside. Scary shitz 4 real. When I read it I figured his last writing was his last writing and soon after the things in the mist got him and eventually everyone with him. Its an I'm sure you can see how this ends ending. We don't need to see them all die to know they're gonna :P The movie just shreds the end to pieces. Why can't people accept that sometimes just putting out the light is an ending? -_-;

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Maybe Hollywood likes to end things on a good or positive note. And, it's actually disappointing ...