Sign in to follow this  
DeathscytheX

New Season: American Gladiators comes to NBC!

Apparently he only posed nude for the cover of the video but didn't actually partake in the intercourse. lol He wouldn't be on the show I don't think if that was the case. I remember in the original American Gladiators one of the new female Gladiators was only on for one show, she was released after they discovered she was a Penthouse Pet in one of the magazines.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I dunno about that earthquake event, seems a bit week. O_O I still think they should talk less and do more events. The new gladiators are good so far, all except Wolf and probably Toa. They're both characterized like pro wrestlers. :P that and they all look like they pump massive steriods before every event. O_O Those girl gladiators can kick some ass tho while still having feminine body types. :thumbup:

Holy shit that eliminator is a bitch. X'D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I missed Sundays opening episode but I saw tonights (Monday). It was pretty good but it felt like it went by way to fast compared to the old version. Advertising takes up the majority of the show which sucks.

My favorite event, the tennis ball one, was way to fast. None of the people made it past the second station lol. I feel like i'm being jipped when I watch this. *goes back to watching the classic American Gladiators*.

Also Does Hogan read from a script? It sounds like he does lol, it's so funny listening to him talk on AG. They should just let him go nuts and say brother 100 times because we all know hes dieing to say it more then 2 times.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I have to agree with you about the advertising. Every event seems broken in two with commercials.

Theres what, four events? and then the eliminator. Each event takes an average of about 30 seconds to 1 minute and half of them are both male or female competitors competing at the same time. So I'll average it at 1 minute per event per person. 4 events times 4 people = 16 minutes + two 3 1/2 minute eliminator runs. The entire show's main content is only 23 minutes long. The other almost 40 minutes is consumed with small chitchat and deal or no deal styled constant advertisements.

I was honestly hoping for more events, but they don't really have much from what I've seen so far. and the assault kinda pisses me off. The gladiator has a good tennis ball shooter unlike the old classic series where the competitors had a chance because the damn thing wasn't accurate and it jammed constantly. X'D

What they do right: You don't have to watch the same event for too long, Sometimes watching the men do an event and then the women do the same event got repetitive. I like how they mix it up. Venom, Siren, and Crush are sexy, not all the women look so dude-ish. Powerball rules are more lax, Gladiators can be more physical and it shows with how many people have been hurt in only 3 episodes. Familiar events were kept with the addition of some new ones. Hogan and Ali are good hosts.

What They Do Wrong: Hogan doesn't do the commentary for the action. Some monotone guy does, This needs to change next season, They should bring in someone with experience... even Mike Adamle. The contestants have too much talk time. The background intro and maybe one interview at the end is good enough. The Powerball cannisters are too open at the top, you can shoot basket ball in them, bring back the old ones. Commercials need to be between events not in the middle of them, this isn't reality TV this is American Gladiators. I don't care too much for the over dramatic lights made popular by today's gameshows like Millionaire and Deal or No Deal.

I don't see how some of these contestants can be a Gladiator next season... especially Mollivan... The physical fitness tests should be harsher to get on the show... some of these eliminator's are pathetic... surprisingly mostly on the men's side.

On a side note, Crush is a complete babe at face, but a real BEAST. 12-1 in Muay Thai fighting 4-0 in MMA?! Just type in Gina Carano on YouTube and you can see for yourself.. wow.

Overall I like the show and will watch the whole season, However I did expect a bit more. I'm not to fond of the hyper-changing camera angles. Its like they are trying to combine Contender, Deal or No Deal, The Amazing Race, and American Gladiators together. The few events seem to attribute to the fact that they have them all set up in fixed positions and have to do little to change them out. They will probably cycle out events each season. I hope to see Breakthrough and Conquer, Whiplash, The Maze, and Atlasphere return in the next coming seasons.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm surprised half these people don't shoot hook shots on powerball. :P Atlasphere was sweet and I'd love to see more events. And you're absolutely right about them needing better action commentary and commercials in between the events. I always thought of American Gladiators as more of a sports kind of contest.. so thinking along those lines, imagine NBC throwing a commercial break in right when a quarterback is about to throw the ball. XD

*edit*

I just checked NBC's website to see how long the episodes are online, because I used to watch apprentice episodes on there. Last season when I watched apprentice on there the site only played one commercial during the show. Needless to say with American Gladiators and their constant commercial interruptions, there are multiple commercial breaks in the show, but the overall time shown on the player for the show is still only 43:25. So it looks like if we watch it online instead of every monday night we can save ourselves 17 minutes of commercials.

i like it when the fucks that talk shit go home crying with a rupture :evil:

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers