Sign in to follow this  
Kite

seed vs destiny

are these the same series: Gundam Seed Destiny and Gundam Seed

I own Gundam seed in english, is destiny the same thing but a different name?

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

No they're not. I believe the story for Gundam Seed is passed on to Gundam Seed Destiny (like a second season). Plus I think the set of characters are pretty different too.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

ya it's like a second season but through the eyes of a new group of characters also with returning old ones. Athrun chooses to fight along side the new group of people with his gundam since he thinks it's the right side to be on in this new war. They all know him as a hero that fought in the last war so hes given high rank and status on the ship. Kira and his friends from the last season are forced to go into battle again but don't choose a side, so they basically fight everyone that's trying to cause war. So Athrun trys to understand what Kira is thinking and meets him several times in secret to talk, since from his point of view the arkangle is just causing chaos on the battle field for both sides. Eventually the new group of people that Athrun is with chooses to target the Arkangle in a few of the battles. This ends up leading to the new main character, Shin, fighting Kira allot and choosing him as his arch enemy.

The series is definitely worth watching if you've seen seed. Also I found it better then seed only because Kira basically has no emotions and doesn't act like a bitch when hes in battle like he did in seed. He uses his head and goes rip shit on everyone including Athrun (in one part).

You can read info on it here: http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=94

Also the special ending: http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=1241

I suggest watching Seed D all the way through then getting the special ending since it makes sense out of the confusing ending. It also shows the main pilots all meeting for the first time, even though they where enemy's, and shaking hands.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

I think Seed was better than Destiny. But Destiny had the better mech designs. The overall plot of Seed was far superior than Destiny and honestly Destiny just felt weak in comparison to the first series. Kira made no sense half the time and Athrun seemed to have a mental breakdown, joining basically the eviler side. and that guy who lost his sister.. I can't remember his name. He annoyed the ever loving hell out of me but his strike gundam was pretty sweet.

Of course whenever I talk about Gundam Seed or Destiny I speak of them as an offshoot from the main gundam series. Much like gundam wing it has ultra powerful gundams.. but unlike gundam wing, the plot for these two series didn't even match up to wing. and on top of it all, if you've ever seen the original Mobile Suit Gundam series or movie trilogy, you'd realize that Seed and Destiny are just blatant rip offs whereas wing was original. If you liked Seed, go ahead and watch Destiny, but don't expect it to be as good because it more or less felt like a rip off of the original seed series even. its more of a 'people bought the dvds, so lets make another series' show. that gold mecha and the strike were pretty cool tho.

*edit*

yeah, kira didn't act like a bitch (thank god), but he wasn't a major character in the series for a while tho.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I think Seed was better than Destiny. But Destiny had the better mech designs. The overall plot of Seed was far superior than Destiny and honestly Destiny just felt weak in comparison to the first series. Kira made no sense half the time and Athrun seemed to have a mental breakdown, joining basically the eviler side. and that guy who lost his sister.. I can't remember his name. He annoyed the ever loving hell out of me but his strike gundam was pretty sweet.

Of course whenever I talk about Gundam Seed or Destiny I speak of them as an offshoot from the main gundam series. Much like gundam wing it has ultra powerful gundams.. but unlike gundam wing, the plot for these two series didn't even match up to wing. and on top of it all, if you've ever seen the original Mobile Suit Gundam series or movie trilogy, you'd realize that Seed and Destiny are just blatant rip offs whereas wing was original. If you liked Seed, go ahead and watch Destiny, but don't expect it to be as good because it more or less felt like a rip off of the original seed series even. its more of a 'people bought the dvds, so lets make another series' show. that gold mecha and the strike were pretty cool tho.

*edit*

yeah, kira didn't act like a bitch (thank god), but he wasn't a major character in the series for a while tho.

Ya that's about the only thing I liked about it over Seed. Kira showed no emotions at all, he just went in and wrecked everyone lol. Athrun was the bitch this time round. I think he should have stuck with Kagali in the end(sp?) o well.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Sign in to follow this