Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

G.I. Joe movie

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11181.html

August 24, 2007

The Hollywood trades are reporting that Stephen Sommers has been hired to direct a live action G.I. Joe film. Paramount is hoping to begin production in February and release the film in the summer of 2009. Sommers directed all three Mummy movies and Van Helsing, among others.

The mythology according to the Marvel comics and the toon are seen as source material for the movie.

I hope they do this right...

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

What do you mean the Cobra leader was actually a mutated snake man? Oh, they'll screw it up into a friggin B movie that'll appear on our worst movies ever thread.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

You KNOW they have to throw at least one of the PSA announcement spoofs in there somewhere. X'D

Considering that'd probably be the best part of the movie they should X'D

God I hope they do this right. Lately Hollywood has been on a comic book/cartoon live action kick and I just don't know how to take it. They've fucked up more times then they've got it right. I just hope they can do this justice (but knowing them, it'll suck so terribly bad that it'll never be mentioned again (much like the live action Gundam movie)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

omg. The script isn't even wrote yet and they're already planning to fuck it up.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/11261.html

G.I. Joe Movie Stirs Controversy

Over Internationalization

September 10, 2007

The plot for the fast-tracked G.I. Joe movie (see "G.I. Joe Film Has a Writer") is drawing controversy, although the script isn't written yet. The controversy arises over plans by Paramount to make the property more international, by changing the name to an acronym for Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, a Brussels-based group that will fight an international terrorist group. Although non-U.S. characters have been featured in the property in the past, this takes it further through the change of the meaning of the name, and by basing the team in Europe. The changes are reportedly being made to make the property more palatable to non-U.S. audiences.

The controversy has now taken on political overtones, and has gone beyond merely focusing on Hollywood changes to a beloved toy, toon, and comic icon. One conservative blogger, Warner Todd Huston, said of the reported changes to the characters by Paramount, "We have another U.S.-based entertainment giant ashamed to be Americans."

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm boycotting the movie now. How unpatriotic and unAmerican. :(

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.