Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Flash Gordon

I'll be watching it. Kyle got to bed a little late, so I can't watch Doctor Who until 10:00 or later. :(

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Definitely a B movie style series. However, it has started off better than most sci-fi tv series, so I'll keep watching it. I expected the scientist character to resemble Ming from the original series better. And come on Ming, B movie etiquette requires you to have a dark mustache and forked goatee. Get your act together. ;)

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

You should watch the movie ... trust me, there were moments in the film where I had to thump my feet to the music theme and it gave me goosebumps as a kid X'D.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Mathias gave a copy of the original Flash to his father for Father's day. We might have to borrow it back from him, unless Barter Frog made a copy for us. The sci-fi episode peaked my curiosity. Without Mathias I would have never heard of half of these shows that are starting to come out again... Dr. Who, Flash Gordon, most of the anime series. My parents didn't get cable tv until after I moved out so I never had a chance to see those shows.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why is there a fad for picking up barbarian characters in these series? Flash was already a sophisticated barbarian, aka high school jock.

I'd like to see more emotion out of the reporter lady. Some of her lines come off pretty dry. The whole relationship between her and the cop is definitely going to fall apart, because she's keeping secrets from him. Flash will probably come to grips with the relationship and start up with someone else. So while Flash has moved on, the reporter is still in love with him and left behind in love if not series. That's how I see it going down.

I do like the relationship between Ming and his daughter. It has promise for intrigue, but her turn-around on the subject was a bit quick in the series and should have been more gradual, even for a high school prom queen.

Man, I could go on, but I'll give the series a few more episodes before I drop it for watching more anime.

is the cop the guy she is engaged to!? O_O I didn't even realize it... also, have you noticed that every actor/actress appears to be in the same age group? even the extras in the background? Even Flash's mom looked like she was only a couple years older than him..

btw, didn't it seem odd that when the initial robot was defeated, it melted/self destructed, but Flash's dad's drivers license was there in the goo unaffected by the melting process.. and on top of that, why did a robot need to hold onto someone else's driver's license, and it had pockets to store things in?

and in a world where robot manufacturing is capable why does everyone look medievil and are busted for hauling ice from a mountain? O_O;

and the rift thing makes no sense.. "here barbarian man, you will go kill flash gordon and bring back this bounty hunter" *barbarian man instantly goes to earth via a rift*.... yet ming says "we don't want earth to know of us yet", but they send robots and screaming barbarians thru rifts...

I'll give it a few more eps, but the plot holes are huge. Flash needs to knock off this dawson creek soap opera shit and throw some footballs at people's heads and tackle some robots! :x

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg