Sign in to follow this  
BlitzZ

Heavenly Sword Demo

Just downloaded it (the demo) today. It looks pretty good, I'll have a hands on report probably later today or tomorrow. This looks to be one of the killer apps for the PS3. It seems almost like a less violent God of War, probably why it has earned the nickname "Goddess of War." Thats probably why I pre-ordered it yesterday.^_^;

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, heres the hands-on. No storyline spoilers, just gameplay ones, I guess.

The demo is really REALLY short. It took me roughly 5 minutes to beat, with not even a climatic boss battle or anything. Still, it was really fun. It starts out with a really nice FMV, and then you get thrown into the action. You slide down some ropes, tarzan style, jumping back and forth using button commands similar to God of War. Then, you're on a platform fighting some generic enemies. Their AI is pretty good, and it is a perfect opportunity to try out the different stances (speed-standard, power-R1 and you use your freekin' BFS (Big F***ing Sword), and range- L1, you swing your sword on a chain, fun-fun) and different combos.

After that, which pretty much was the meat of the demo, you face more generic thugs after another FMV. This time you have assorted items that you can pick up and throw at the enemies. As soon as you dispatch them, more guys bust through a gate of sorts and the demo ends.

It has great potential, which is why I reserved it, but this demo was just to short to form an opinion. Overall, it was a good demonstration of the stances and real time button press things (like GOW), but I still have no idea of the plot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]