Sign in to follow this  
falling-angel-111

dieting tips

Well, since I moved I've had a lot of free time, and I decided that I should go on a little diet. Nothing too dramatic, just something simple. Maybe in the end it'll help with the heart burn. I was just wondering if you had any advise, something that worked for you or a friend? Something I shouldn't do? I've heard of the diet where you eat like 6 small snacks a day. That just doesn't very good to me, I dunno. Besides, I doubt my mom would let me eat that much a day. lol plus I'd hate for it not to work and then I'd have even more to lose. Any work outs that are simple that I can doo but won't make me won't to quit this whole thing with just the thought. Oh and being able to run/walk about 8 miles in a week would be great too, thanks. :-p

I can find a lot of tips on the internet but I was hoping that if it came from a real person, maybe it'll really work.

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

The six meals are day are actually small snacks. Eat breakfast, then a light snack about two - three hours later, lunch, then another snack, dinner, and snack. About 2-3 hours between each time. This is suppose to keep your system going without hunger pains and with much smaller meals.

My mother in law does something a little like this at times and it works great for her. I've never tried it been too busy. Good luck with your diet and excercise.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have to remember that the snacks aren't potato chips or some other snack food. It should be carrots or some other vegetable. The snack should consist of only a handful of carrots or the equivalent.

The biggest meal should be breakfast. On the same note, you shouldn't have a whole lot either. We've been fixing a normal meal, but only putting half of what we normally eat on the plate. The rest gets put away as leftovers for the next meal, or the next day. By putting the food away before you eat, you're not as tempted to eat as much, because it's out of sight.

It's because you're not eating as much at each meal that you need the small snacks to tie you over to the next meal. Of course, if you eat as much as you had at the meal for the snack, you're defeating the purpose.

Drink lots of water. Not only is it good for you, but a lot of times when your stomach grumbles, it's because you're thirsty not hungry.

When you are working you have a greater tendency of having poor snack choices, or going to a fast food restaurant for lunch. Pack your lunch and make sure you have healthier snacks. I keep a pack of healthy, but tasty, crackers at work. I eat their recommended serving size, which is five crackers, for my mid afternoon snack, and nothing more. Have something different for your mid morning snack. Vary the snacks, so you don't get bored of them and start grabbing something unhealthy.

If you can cut out pop, or cut it down to one can a day that you spread throughout the day in sips, you'll be much better off. Pop, even diet pop, is the bane of most diets.

For exercise, I do the following steps. Note that these are all techniques that I learned during physical therapy for my bad back and busted arm. I'm doing much better now, but I didn't seek any help for almost fifteen years, which is a big no no.

1. I do three sets of leg pulls to my chest for each leg, then both at the same time, for thirty seconds each.

2. I then do a bridge, lay down, then bring your back to a forty-five degree angle, where I march in place forty times (twenty each leg), and then extend each leg out for the same amount of sets.

3. I do forty sit ups. I do eighty more sit up, alternating from left to right.

Using my black physical therapy band, I do the following steps.

4. I pull the bands to my hips, thirty reps.

5. I pull the bands to my chest, arms stretched out, thirty reps.

6. I pretend to throw a ball with both hands, twenty reps.

7. Sideways, I pull the band across my stomach, with my arm to my side, thirty reps, repeat with other arm.

8. I do step 7 with pulling the band the opposite direction same amount of times with both arms.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Most of what Mathias said is good advice.

The six small meals a day thing is true. When your stomach is empty your metabolism slows drastically so that you're not burning any calories. Keeping something in your stomach keeps you digesting, thus burning calories. And of course, exercise adds muscle, and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn.

Those are proven methods that work. I've also heard ideas, and noticed it myself personally, that if you eat the same thing everyday you burn it off faster. It might be boring for most people, but someone I know eats the same lunch every single day and he's absolutely tiny.

Tellah2.jpg

Oh and don't forget that muscles weigh more than fat. When you start to diet and exercise you might notice a slight increase in your weight. Don't sweat it, you are still losing inches and soon the pounds will start falling off.

I seem to know some about dieting but I can never follow my own advice.

:shake:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

saiel, that'll probably be the hardest part for me. I always feel better when I feel hungry, as weird as it sounds. I guess cause when I do eat, I feel like I shouldn't have had so much or should have waited long to eat. but I guess if it'll make it easier to burn calories, then I'll try.

Well, I guess that whole snack diet does sound pretty good. Sometimes I'll try to cut down how much I eat, or how many times I eat a day, like lately, I'll have a late breakfast (usually a couple pancakes with butter) and some dinner around 5pm. But then I feel hungry (probably because I'm bored) around 11pm, a bit before bedtime. So I have a snack, which usally doesn't end up being healthy. So I think the best thing to do now is get a lot of fruit and veggies in the house, and less cookies. And then the only hard part should be the work outs.

Thanks, I'll keep all the advice in mind. I know how you feel kelen, I do the same. ^_^'

falloutboy4.jpg

"A penny for your thoughts but a dollar for your insides, or a fortune for your disaster."

Try drinking nothing but water for a few months. You will loose at least 5 or 10 lbs. I went from 180 to 160lbs in 3 months from just drinking water and eating small snacks every time my tummy starts to growl. By drinking water, you flush out allot of bad stuff that you get by drinking soda or other such drinks.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

Okay, I'm not normally the one to say this, but it's that like super unhealthy? I mean for starters, doesn't your body need the protein or whatever, and can't drinking just water kill you? Or something, I heard once on the radio that they were having like a drinking (water) contest, and like some girl died after drinking so much.

I could be totally wrong, and if I am, I might just try that. I dunno, I'd rather nto give my parents a huge medical bill, they might not send me to tucson.

falloutboy4.jpg

I wouldn't recommend not eating. Super unhealthy. By not getting the right amounts of vitamins, proteins, etc. you could have sever repercussions. You may lose weight, but causing other health issues is not the solution. Some people may be able to get away with it for sometime, but continued abuse of your diet will cause you more harm than good.

Understand this lad, fate is a fickle lady. Work with the hand you're dealt and you may just be able to run your flag up the pole. Don't, and well, you may just find your mast cut down.

Okay, I'm not normally the one to say this, but it's that like super unhealthy? I mean for starters, doesn't your body need the protein or whatever, and can't drinking just water kill you? Or something, I heard once on the radio that they were having like a drinking (water) contest, and like some girl died after drinking so much.

I could be totally wrong, and if I am, I might just try that. I dunno, I'd rather nto give my parents a huge medical bill, they might not send me to tucson.

Thats where the food and snacks come in ;). But of course it's fine to have other drinks like Milk and fruit juice. Just avoid soda and other bad drinks for a few months.

I use to be a heavy soda drinker and thats basically what caused me to gain weight. Once I started just drinking water and eating snacks whenever my tummy wanted, I ended up loosing allot of weight and I still am. Although now I allow my self to have 1 soda a day :P.

sig.php

Yeah I guess that does sound pretty easy. I don't normally drink that much soda though. lol like my parents got a 12 pack of mountain dew the other day, and I admit I drank like two, but normally they only buy pepsi, and I don't like it at all, so normally I drink arizona tea or water.

For me it's much easier to not eat so much when my mom buys stuff I don't like. I wanted her to buy carrots and such this last time she went shopping, but like usual it got passed up for more unhealthy things. If I could just keep myself busy, I could go almost all day without being hungry because I'm not thinking about it. *sigh* great, now I need a hobbie ontop of all this.

falloutboy4.jpg

well if you don't eat (even if you think your not hungry) your stomic starts storing any food you eat later on and that causes fat. It stores fat depending on your eating habits. So thats why it's wise to eat snacks like carrots and dip or just a granola bar every 4 or 5 hours (or when your stomic growls) so your body wont store as much fat because it knows it will get more food on a regular basis.

PS. eat at least 3 meals a day.

sig.php

If I'm home watching anime, I need to eat and drink something. I smash a packet of potato chips in 10 minutes or less with ketchup. And that's just the start >_> ...

Dieting is gay. Eat healthy instead and eat to the fullest. The thing that's important is - exercise. Dieting is the wimpy and incorrect approach to having a good body.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

If you wanna look HOT in a bathing suit, you don't need to look THIN. Point being, just exercise, run a couple of miles everyday, start slow and build it from there. Eat well, don't over-eat and you'll have what you want ^_^.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

yeah, that does sound pretty simple. I really want to run, but I dunno where I should. I mean I live in the city, I use to live next to a park where I could run, but now I dunno where to go. I could just run around the block a few times I suppose, but I wish I had an mp3 player, I'd be a lot more motivated. guess I shouldn't have given my ipod away.

falloutboy4.jpg

I know the feeling, besides not being motivated I also have to stretch my legs out for about an hour and a half before I run. Had the tendons in my left knee torn up, but yeah that's the best dieting rout to take. Eat normally and walk/jog a little....now if only I could follow my own advice a little....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]I are me.

dont run, walk.

if ya wanna clean out yer system guzzel (dont drink) 8 to 12 8oz glasses of water a day and eat foods high in fiber. fruit and veg with the skin, wheat bread and brown rice.

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Any ideas for someone who does not like the taste, or lack of taste, of brown rice or wheat pasta. I know those are killing me. I am a pasta fiend but I know it is bad for me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exercise with your husband. As often as you can. Um, signed Anonymous. :lookup:

Well a little update on how my diet is going. NOT GOOD AT ALL! I was doing alright for a while there, but then there's just some days that I get moodswings and I eat something I shouldn't and then it ruins eveyrhting I've been doing all week and I'm too lazy to jog off 500 calories. There are some days that I do really good, two meals a day and maybe a snack. Keeps my calories down and alot easier for me to work it all off, but I always seam to slip up and it's really starting to piss me off.

*sigh* only 375 days until I can move out.

falloutboy4.jpg

portion control. Cut your meat portions to no more than 3 oz. That's about the size of a deck or cards. Up your veggies, buy produce, and cut back on the cheese, and fried stuff. Do at least 30 minutes of cardio, even going for a walk, a day. Take the stairs, and when looking for parking, park far away. You'll find a spot quicker, and you can use the exercise.

Blueberries are my favorite fruit. ;)