Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Arcade now open!

i think hell_cat got a score saved on it somehow.. damned if i know how. O_O;

btw, I have about 10 other games to upload, a couple cute puzzlish ones, a couple pinballs, another contra, a rip off rampage game featuring the hulk.. and if I have time this weekend, i'll add them when i take off the crap games.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

HC must of been lucky cause I just went and looked at her score.

O.o pinball, good lord I'll never leave this place now *is a rabid pinball fan*

*has a dad who collects pinball machines*

I pretty much spent all of my afterschool life from 5-9 playing pinball in my basement.^_^;

Sledge, your making it so I can never leave!!! (or have a life!)

thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't FREAKING believe this ... Street Fighter HUNG on me big~time! After I finished everyone off, it's just come to a stage where he's shaking his tush but there's no opponent and I'm posting this waiting for the game to start or something to happen as we speak ...

Screenshot

untitled-1.jpg

Why'd it happen to me :( especially when I destroyed the high score of a 42,000+ odd figure. It's not my fault I didn't die X'D

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Why are the games showing two separate high scores now? Like, the top score in the box and then the top score on the list can be the same person, but different scores. I think that messes up the top score for that person whenever they're beat--they lose their boxed score completely. Example--I had 8,000 or 9,000 something in Blasterman listed in the top box with the avatar, GG beat that (good job :) ), so now my highscore listed is 6,000 whatever, actually my 2nd best score--instead of the 8,000+ one. Does that make sense? It's like that on all the games, though.

Tellah2.jpg

It's mentioned in that link Sledge posted. To keep people interested and competition up they implemented something that decays you're high score to make it easier for others to beat it. What you're seeing is the score you used to have and the score that it decayed too over a certain amount of time (I think a week). Thats what I got from reading the info in the link.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

yeah, strider pretty much summed it up. To keep it competitive.. I figured it is better to at least keep the games showing a slightly lowered high score than to auto-prune all scores. I guess on other forums, members have maxed out just about every high score for every game leaving nobody with any possible hope of ever winning their name on the arcade champ screen.. so then when they prune the scores, people get pissed because their scores were erased. So the next best option is to lower the scores once or twice a month by a small percentage to give everyone that possibility of winning eventually and to make the champs have to keep playing to keep their champ spots.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hmm. I guess I just feel like as long as the scores aren't maxed out, the higher high scores keep it competitive and challenging. Plus, it's more rewarding to know you've unseated the real high score as opposed to just getting your name up there because the other scores were purposely lowered.

*shrug* I work so much these days that I only get to come on about once a week, so it's just disappointing that any of the scores I worked for will be gone the next time I get online, simply in the name of 'fairness'. I understand the problem, I just wonder if there isn't a better solution.

Tellah2.jpg

Saiel, I have to juggle between 16 hours a day of work and make time to regain top position on whatever little games I can play from the list X'D ... and what's worse is, you're beating them right back :lol: ... exciting ;)

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I know exactly what you mean ^_^ ... btw, I got to be the leader for the first time! I know it's short-lived X'D *watches her click through games all super fast*

Yeah I was disappointed with that and the basic system where if Mr. A matches Mr. B's score, Mr. A is on top of the charts instead of the original top scorer. Plus there are still a few games where you can't ADD your score to, like I think Contra II or the Snow Field Contra or Street Fighter (if you're undefeated).

Yep that one too ... and it's a pity about the Snow Field Contra because it's the more accurate Contra game out of the two :P

I can't believe this :( ... I was playing, little did I know that I decimated the prevailing high score and when it was finally time for Game Over it didn't add my score

>_________<

Break.jpg

>_________________________<

I think maybe I got kicked out due to the forum's 'Idle' feature, but I was playing goddamnit :( *sigh*. NO FAIR X'D

Uhhmmm, ofcourse I was logged in when I started the game GRX. You can't play any game unless you're logged in.

EDIT: I must've been playing for 20+ minutes, like Street Fighter.